Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta

So, will this ever be planned to work on the older win7x64?

Out of curiosity, I got this overbridge BETA to work with Mk1 RYTM on win7… But the mk1 Akeys won’t install the overbridge USB driver under win7.

I doubt that there is a plan to officially support it.

on the Mac side, the oldest OS officially supported was introduced 2016, Windows 7 is from 2009.

It may work to an extent, but official support and development? Doubtful.

1 Like

Trying to setup Overbrige for the first time with a Digitakt and Ableton.
Is there any way to record the FX from the Digitakt when using Overbridge 2.0?
I’m on windows if it matters…

Got Overbridge 2.0 working with the Rytm MK1 and after playing with it in my current setup, I am a very happy camper. I have achieved full hybridization. Using OS X mojave.

I just found out HOW to record the Digitakt’s FX via overbrige - it’s at 8:50 in this video for anyone else who couldn’t figure it out!

5 Likes

WINDOWS 7x64 install SUCCESS
(don’t connect units through a hub)

1. Update firmwares of units
  2. Dont install overbridge yet!
  3. Make sure units are in overbridge USB mode and connect to windows PC
  4. Device manager will show yellow exclamation mark driver install failures several times for each unit.
  5. Now install overbridge
  6. Drivers will install for overbridge usb connected devices.
  7. Reboot.

I have mk1 RYTM and KEYS working fine.

14 Likes

Dell XPS 15, Windows 10 latest, high DPC latency from WDF01000.sys. Crackles and pops no matter the sample rate of buffer size. Trying Digitakt and Heat mk1. Heat is better. It’s worse if i run an instance of the heat and digitakt, VST or standalone together.
I’m pretty sure its more to do with this dell xps 15. They’re famous for their crappy DPC latency. Just ordered a mac mini, i7. Sick of dealing wth PC latency.
submitted a tickt to elektron anyhow.
Running t through a focusrite claret 8pre
i’ll let ya guys know how it goes with the mac.

I ended up recording my Rytm MKII with realtime rendering with Cubase 10 as an alternative to recording each of the 8 tracks of Rytm MKII to audio. After some trial and errors this is what worked best for me. Normal rendering doesn’t seem to work, with logical explanations.

i launch the new version, i have analog four mk1…and the machine don’t appear in my daw…even the overbridge engine say message Fault in the connection menu, can you help me?
i upgrade the machine with the last version and even some project get lost

2 Likes

Got Digitakt working in Windows 7 using this method, thanks

6 Likes

I confirm, also works with A4MKII! Thank you, maestro!

1 Like

It works on windows 7 digitakt! I didn’t have to do anything really just installed

1 Like

:sunglasses: very cool

does this add any functionality to the inputs on the Digitakt?
can you either monitor the inputs now in stereo directly on the Digitakt, or record/monitor in stereo through the plugin or in your DAW?

1 Like

Monitoring is still mono atm. It will be so cool to monitor EXT L + R in stereo inside the digitakt. Sampling in mono is ok.

I was able to choose, as I never use the default, and few installers pick up the configured directory from the registry.

Though Overbridge isn’t the VST, so you shouldn’t need to change that. each instrument has it’s own VST.

AR mk1 seems to have issues with the nv ram and overbridge 2 beta. AR mk2 works fine. did the beta firmware include duel vco?

Hi, does anyone know how to fix the issue with the vst plugin? I have now installed Overbridge twice and the VST still won’t show up in Ableton.

Thank you thank you thank you!

Amazing potential. Thank you for making it available.

Glitching quite badly - glitch sounds, sequenced notes going off pitch, timing is off.

Here’s hoping the final release will happen soon - SO much potential here I love it!