Overbridge and Midi

Hi,

I stream audio from my Digitakt into Ableton through the plugin or through Digitakt audio interface.

It’s works well bu I also want my Digitakt to sequence VST synth in Ableton with the 8 midi tracks and it seems to not be possible!!! When I choose overbridge in system in Digitakt, my Digitakt disappears from the midi setting in abelton ???

Any solution ?

Thanks

No one ?

Boring of all these limitations!!!

Thinking to switch!!!

Maybe this will help, video #3

Also if you search the Digitakt category for “overbrige midi” you will find topics with posts from folks who’ve gotten it working… I don’t use OB, Ableton, or DT so I can’t help directly…

2 Likes

Also check the video #2 on my channel on how to set up OB in Ableton.

It is possible so there are no limitations…

1 Like

Sorry but there is limitation case you can’t sequence VST in Ableton with the midi track from the Digitakt if you enable overbridge mode!!!

2 Likes

Still no overbridge and midi through USB with new version!!!

Hi Guys,

any news on this? Was it originally planned that Overbridge lets you record MIDI/sequence VSTs? Planned to use the some MIDI Tracks on the Digitakt to sequence internal Instruments in the DAW. Maybe there is a workaround!?

Thank you

P.S.:The other way around works just fine (Sending MIDI from the DAW to Digitakts AUDIO Tracks)

It works for me quite good through the midi din port on the DT with one setup.

I also have a portable setup where DT is my soundcard and I can send midi data through usb from it to the daw without problems.

Thanks Eqvinox.

I guess the DIGITAKTs Overbridge Mode is disabled then?

Regards

OB enabled.

I just enable track and sync DT in the daws midi pref. Then just activate the midi channels on the DT, select channel of choice in the daw track and it works without obfuscating OB performance too much. I actually had a recent session that was clean of glitches or any kind of trouble. I know the manual states that midi sync should stay off whilst working with OB, but I tried it regardless and it works for me.
Hope this helps.

2 Likes

excellent

Got it right just before i’ve read your post. I really don’t know why I couldn’t get it working before.

thanks appreciate it

1 Like

Hey Im confused. This can be done if you turn overbridge off. But how can you control a vst if overbridge in on?

1 Like

Same issue here… with Overbridge 2.0.39.10 can’t use midi if Overbridge plugin is on. Digitakt doesn’t appears as midi device (port) in Ableton!

I’m really confused as to what’s happening for you guys. It works fine in Bitwig, I don’t remember any issue in Ableton. You do need to have it activated in preferences otherwise it won’t show up as an input.

What version of Overbridge you have? The issue seems to be with the latest update…

The latest and I’m on w10 whatever the latest version is. I don’t have Ableton on here so I can’t see for myself.

I can see it works on your computer! You are using a Digitone, so can be different with a Digitakt? Anyway at this point I can suppose that the issue could be in the computer Os? I’m on Mac Mojave…

Same with DT. Yeah sorry, Could be Mojave, I haven’t used Mac for about a year.

Hello thanks for trying to help
I still have maybe basic questions what midi works with overbridge in bitwig means.

• if I press the trigs 1, 5, 9, 13 on a analog 4 mk1 track (kickdrum), its not possible that they appear like that in a analog4 bitwig midi track clip of 1 bar with 16 beats, they have to be midi recorded…(?)
    -I tried (with a older hp laptop but with ssd) with if iremember 128 buffer in bitwig and overbridge window.
    The beats in the bitwig clip were quite off the grid, is that a matter of older computer?( i could use a macbook in another place)
    Is that normal and to be accepted, and I should use quantize on record ?
    Or what method is most recomended?

More general:
The best thing about elektron is the sequencer, you use that sequencer to generate midi clips in bitwig?
(Changing values with mouse in the ob device window instead of with the encoders doesnt attract me much.
Maybe a little bit drawing automation, btw i saw the names in the vst, but not in my created midi tracks…)

Or should i forget that and just use the audio of overbridge?
Sorry and thanks