Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

"Hello, The headroom is needed since there are sounds that could distort otherwise. You will need to gain the levels in your DAW. It’s in 24-bit so you will not have any audible loss except a very minimal raise in the noise floor.

​The boost setting affects the audio from the computer to the physical mains out of the unit. Not the audio from the unit to the computer. Boost is useful for raising the monitoring level when utilizing the device as an audio interface.

Regards,
Patrik - Elektron"

2 Likes

Trying out Overbridge using my i5 Core laptop, windows 10 and Reaper, with Digitakt and Analog Four. Digitakt is the soundcard. Both plugins work nicely, although I can only assign Digitakt inputs to Reaper’s tracks, as Digitakt is working as the interface. As a workaround I routed the A4 into the Digitakts inputs and record the A4’s tracks in Reaper in this way. I can’t seem to get the clocking right for A4, but I guess Reaper is not fully supported yet. I have to say it works fine for now, better than I expected.

Thanks a lot, this helps me!

1 Like

hi there

i’m having a problem to connect overbridge to my machines.

this is what i did:

• i updated all my machines (A4, AR, Digtakt)

• intaled overbridge 2.0 beta

• i connected machines to my imac ( 2.9 ghz core i5, 8 gb ram)

• in global setting i changed to overbridge mode

and now when i turn on overbridge engine i can see all machines status show “idle” so everything looks good then when i open overbridge /control panel i can see signal coming thru and then when i open overbridge/analog rytm standalone or any other there is no connection.

any idea what am i doing wrong

thx

Maybe you should try shayanz’s post few answers before, or like me, reinstall a clean os… :smiley:

Digitakt working in windows 7… i disabled driver thingy using F8 at boot then followed these instructions from synththeory on other thread:

WINDOWS 7x64 install SUCCESS
(don’t connect units through a hub)

Update firmwares of units
Dont install overbridge yet!
Make sure units are in overbridge USB mode and connect to windows PC
Device manager will show yellow exclamation mark driver install failures several times for each unit.
Now install overbridge
Drivers will install for overbridge usb connected devices.
Reboot.

Hope this helps…

10 Likes

Thanks for tips. Remember you’ll have to disable driver signature enforcement every time you boot, or disable it permanently via command line.

2 Likes

No probs, cheers

same here, after waiting for too long i dont care anymore if i get OB or not. no win10 just for that.

on many ASIO machines, you have a plug and play device with only two channels until you install the firmware, so i hope its not the same with the DT but i think so, tho :frowning:

1 Like

Hello, not directly Overbridge related, it’s more about USB. My Digitakt is just out of range of my PC. Would any usb extender cable do without risking stability etc? Any of you have experience with this?

I would get a longer cable rather than use an extension. I think the limit on USB length is 5m.

1 Like

Hey, so I got everything working (on win7!) but audio is just coming through the one stereo channel where the plugin lives. I can’t seem to figure out how to access the individual digitakt channels. There’s nothing in the Ableton ‘audio from’ drop down menu, and I can’t see any relevant settings in the overbridge control panel. Any ideas?

Question 2, what’s the best way of getting samples to the DT when connected via USB? Still just have to fire up the elektron transfer app separately? Seems a bit clunky!

Hello. Can anybody tell if plug-in’s latency stays the same? It is the only reason why I use adat converter and don’t use overbridge. Thanks!

you have to add 8 audio tracks for the 8 DT channels then route the audio from DT in each audio track respectively

1 Like

I’m not seeing the DT tracks in the ‘audio from’ drop down menu though

try the pre/post fx box, should be DT tracks in there, second box in ‘audio from’ section in each audio track, not midi track with DT plug in

did you enable the individual tracks in the overbridge control panel ?

I tried but I don’t think you have to do this with the DT since it can stream all tracks at once

Maybe this will help? https://youtu.be/HuMqsxYJ5SA

4 Likes

Ah, this did help, thanks. User error on my part. In ‘audio from’ you need to select the midi track where the OB plugin lives, then the drop-down menu below that one has the individual tracks.

Thanks for the help everyone! Can’t believe I have this working.

2 Likes