Overbridge 2.0 Public Beta - Plugins, Drivers and Firmware

Wait, to clarify, even other projects are overwritten? So total recall saves the state of the entire device, other projects and the whole +drive included?

could you plz explain how you did this or provide a link you used !?
TIA

When you connect your device with a newer project than the one in your daw, you will be asked if you want to use the DAW version, the version on the device, or leave it as is. If you choose to use the daw version , then yes your new work on the device will be lost.

If you choose to use the device’s project it will overwrite the project in the DAW. Which is what you would choose in this case.

Of course you can always save an extra backup on the device before proceeding when you test this functionality :slight_smile:

I save copies versions of projects when changing a lot of things so I can always roll back in case a brown substance hits the fan.

:joy: :rofl: are you for real dude? i think it’s time for you to get a new OS, win95 is long gone, you don’t even get updates for this antiquity. very surprised anyone would still use it for music production…

2 Likes

There are a few ways to get Windows to ignore driver signatures, the easiest is to enter the boot menu with F8 when you boot up your computer. Select “disable driver signature enforcement” in the menu and start up normally. You may have to reinstall OB and you’ll have to start Windows with checks disabled each time you want to use OB. There are ways to make it more permanent like editing group policies or setting boot flags.

1 Like
4 Likes

Disabling driver signature enforcement permanently in win 7/8. In an administrator cmd window:

bcdedit /set testsigning on

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

Then reboot

Have not tested this myself yet so ymmv

1 Like

All looking good, had a quick run just now on an old Mac mini (Mid 2011) running OSX 10.12 still. Created one huge aggregated device with 4 Elektron products and it worked (52 in/30 out, with my 16/16 interface combined).

The only thing that didn’t play nice was the Digitakt, starting to crackle after a while. Don’t even need to use it… happens even on idle. Seems like a buffer issue. Disabling Audio briefly in Live 10 makes it go away (hitting “reset” basically). Not usable like this of course, but all in all a very good start for a Beta!

As for VST: only tried Heat UI and the Waveform display is messed up (endless mirror effect). Everything else seems to be working. Perhaps my onboard GPU is missing some modern features for this rendering.

What threw me off was the requirement(?) to make the DAW my main clock. I don’t plan on retiring my current master, which is the OTMK2, so i didn’t test any further. Didn’t want to rewire everything.

Will be waiting for RC1 :slight_smile:

Standalone and VST works gr8 on win 10 with ableton 10.

Greatest thing is that audio signal goes trough USB cable. In daw VST channel gives you stereo main out and as its nicely described in pdf manual, you can set four outputs for tack out. That reduces huge amount of cables needed !
Welcome to 2019! Amazing!

3 Likes

Hi! First time poster.

I am close to getting the Beta to work, I think… but still can’t get OB Control Panel to see my A Rytm mk2.
I’m running OS X High Sierra. Latest OB 2 beta. Overbridge setting is enabled.

OB Control Panel tells me:

“Ensure you have allowed the driver to run in System Preferences - Security & Privacy”

Which driver should go where in the system prefs/Security and privacy?
I’m sorry if this has been adressed already, couldn’t find this exact question.

Thanks!

I haven’t had this issue myself , but if you search ‘security’ in this thread you’ll find more info on it .

1 Like

Anyone tried running a synth through the inputs yet to record in the daw? I would like to record a synth (in stereo) when using the digitakt as an audio interface in overbridge mode. Been unsuccessful so far is this possible?

Thanks! Did a search and found the info… It’s working! Happy!

3 Likes

This is possible yes. What is it you are having trouble with exactly?

Make sure you activated the input into the audio settings of your daw, then create a stereo audio track and select the input.

I have an issue maybe some of you guys can help me with.I run a windows 10 PC .Updated the DT with the new Beta OS than i unplugged the usb and installed the OB on the PC.
I the proceeded to plugin the usb and turn the DT on .Everything fine so far.The pc sees the DT and reinstalls the DT.
Now i have everything installed i enabeld overbridge on the DT but the OB control panel does not see my DT.I than reinstalled everything again started the PC up again and…same thing.What am i overseeing here?
Realy hope you guys can help me cause i cant wait to play with my DT and overbridge :wink:
Thanxx in advance,Robert

You [Elektron] have forgotten to have sysex backups for the AH. Still left out in the latest beta firmware.

@tebers
But i don’t own a AH

Works fine for the most part with my Digitakt. Intermittent “stutterings” when the machine has 8 sampletracks and 2-3miditracks running, individual outs into Live 9 via OB. sounds like the samplerate clock is changing hz from 48khz to 44.1 but the daw is still on 48… (if this makes sense)
line in is used as well (is not affected by the stuttering). [osx 10.14, imac 27" 2012, i7, 32gb, ssd]

In the beta forum last few months minimum requirement was dropped down to Mac OS 10.11 Is it back to 10.12 :frowning: Please say this is not true this affects so many users

I can only select external input of my digitakt as a stereo pair on ableton ,would be cool if we could also select the 2 inputs as 2 mono channels (in order to record two or one mono synth) , since ableton has stereo channels only by default (I know I could use an utility plugin)

2 Likes