Overbridge 2.0.53 for macOS Big Sur - Public Beta

Tbh this has always been the case for me, and I’ve worked around it by using an empty pattern + preroll. But with the new beta I could never get it synced, even after several measures – I’m curious what you did to get it (I also use Reaper).

2 Likes

The Analog Keys’ Overbridge interface allows special characters to be used in file names, which are not supported on the device itself. Examples are: ! Å ß Ø (these characters are available on my DT so I assume this is a limitation of the older mk1’s)

So any sounds/kits saved with these characters in their name (and saved via AK OB) will end up with a generic ‘NEW SOUND’ or ‘NEW KIT’ name instead.

1 Like

Analog Four mk2 and Analog Rhythm mk2, with latest MacOS (on Intel).

Auto Channels doesn’t seem to be receiving notes on any specified channel through over bridge.

Example/Description: Got Analog Four Overbridge instrument on Ableton and I try to send midi notes to channel 14 to that specific track, and it doesn’t receive on the device. Receiving midi notes on the track channels is working fine.

Fresh bought boxes; Digitakt and Digitone. 13” MB Pro 2019/128/8GB;

Working perfectly for long sessions within: Reason 11, Ableton 11, Standalone. MIDI, audio all sync and record at 64 buffer with Integrated core audio/headphone out.

Only the Digitone sometimes looses transport sync and then messes up the clock as well. If I leave transport unchecked, clock seems to work well.

Question; is a native M1 version in the works, or are we looking at Rosetta only version for the foreseeable future? This might push me into a decision to upgrade my Mac, or switch back to Windows (which I would very much like to avoid).

BR, Gral

1 Like

All apps and plugins are built as a universal binary with both intel and arm64 support. You can check this by right clicking the app in Finder and select “Get Info”. kind says “Application (Universal)”, so it will run natively.

For VST and audio units you can check if the binary is universal with lipo -info

Example:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Elektron/Analog Four.vst/Contents/MacOS
$  lipo -info Analog\ Four
Architectures in the fat file: Analog Four are: x86_64 arm64

You can also see that the usb-driver (process name se.elektron.overbridge.driverkit.driver) is running natively on m1 with “Activity monitor”.

3 Likes

Amazing, thanks Brykt!

Just installed Logic Pro 10.6.2 on a MacBook Air M1. Allas, no change… OB loads as mono, stereo and 10 x stereo. Other options fail and maybe should not be there (5 mono + 5 stereo and 10 mono). OB responds to changes in Rytm MKii but no sound and no sync.

We publish all individual channels in stereo, so the mono bus configurations presented by Logic are not optimal to use. They should not fail though, and they do work as expected on all computers I currently have access to. We will investigate and try to figure out why they’re not working on some.

2 Likes

May I ask why?

I am having a similar problem. Intel MBP, OSX 11.3, Overbridge 2.0.53.2, Digitone Keys 1.31a, Digitakt 1.21a. The Digitone seems to work just fine. The Digitakt as well, except that it loses transport sync i.e. pressing play/pause on the DAW does not affect the Digitakt i.e. it does not match the DAW playstate. The Digitone reacts as expected.

In the logs I get a lot of this:
010521 23:53:59:954 P1415 T70533 debug RemoteDeviceClient.cpp:460 isDeviceOpen: ipc async data false, shared memory false, ipc audio false
010521 23:53:59:954 P1415 T70533 error RemoteDeviceClient.cpp:521 sendAsyncData: Device is not open.

This has always been the case for me. I usually leave 8 bars of silence at the beginning of my projects in order to give the system to establish sync.

Strangest thing: today when opening a project with OB there was a crackling sound, OB didn’t connect to my Rytm mike. After changing the USB port it did connect, however OB’s output started to mirror my main output. Rytm stayed unresponsive to sync and did not pass audio. MacBook Air M1

Big Sur on M1 - A4 doesn’t sync correct with Logic at OB

Where/when does the loss of sync happen?

When in Logic i select a loop, first play is correct in terms of sync, but at second play sync crashes

Alright this is annoying. If it’s the issue I experience it’s been there for a while. There are several sync modes. I use of them 2.

One is for playback the other for recording.

In project > synchronization options, see the field that says Pattern

This setting loops playback

This setting loops for recording
“ Song - SPP at Play Start and Cycle”

ADDING:
In PATTERN mode if you start the transport by hitting record, some tracks won’t record. You can however hit the record button while it’s currently looping and start recording, BUT some times you’ll get MULTIPLE track lanes opening as it records.

In SONG-SPP when you are just playing back, first time it goes thru the loop it’s fine, but on second loop everything get out wack. I think transport info sent gets messed up.

Here’s some more info

I don’t remember it behaving that way. I don’t remember having to switch between sync options. It’s annoying. But it werks.
And if someone knows of a better way of dealing with this PLEASE LETS US KNOW.
They should even have it in the surface or a UI option. I flip back and forth a lot. And as it’s a window that is always ‘on top’ it’s annoying as well.

Now…if this ISNT your issue, sorry about the huge response and please ignore :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, OB does work with Rytm! I probably missed that you should fire up Logic in Rosetta mode, I thought this version also was for the M1? Anyway, all seems to work and lock. Will test some songs tomorrow

Well, when already !? We can’t wait that long!

Tnx a lot! It works!!!
Its quite annoying to switch, but its better than sitting and hear that dissync -)

Ya it’s lame. If you have three boxes synced up it’ll throw all three out to different times.

But, so long as yer in the right mode there’s no issue.

Now there has GOT to be a way to set it so it auto sets based on play or rec. note the pattern setting has a line under it and the spp modes are grouped. Which leads me to believe there is a mode that lets you set that.

I remember it just werking at one point. I didn’t need to switch. Of course, I will post it if I find it.

Again, at least there is a way to deal with it. :+1:t6:

1 Like