Overbridge 2.0.37: tech discussion

Regarding stickers, I see alot of unused white space between the characters that could be used to squeeze in more little stickers. Now that overbridge is ready, maybe elektron can revisit and optimize their sticker game a bit.

3 Likes

What might be needed next is an “Overbridge enabled” sticker? Or probability stickers that change slogans depending on the stickers next to them.

4 Likes

Hi there,i`ve read a lot of issues about installing the final realese over an existing beta on windows but how about Mac?Should i uninstall everything first and start from scratch and does the final release run as good as the last beta on Mac?

1 Like

for mac: uninstall but don’t restart, then install, then restart. that way you only have to restart once. has worked for me throughout the whole beta.

1 Like

on the contrary - i had done this throughout 90% of beta and it was only when i elected to restart (adding a restart) after the uninstall that i cleared an issue the devs couldn’t fix for months

It adds time, but seems to be worth advocating it even though i obviously found it counter intuitive

ymmv

4 Likes

ahh ok cheers - good to know if i have any future probs

1 Like

Time added: less than a minute. When a software is asking you to restart, just do it or prepare to have problems eventually

5 Likes

Hey guys,

With everything up to date, I can’t send midi to usb via Overbridge to control a software instrument in Ableton. It doesn’t appear in midi ports. Any idea?

Adrien

I’m getting an awful lot of freezes on the Rytm MKII while in Overbridge mode. The freezes have generally been occurring on the perf. macro page. Aside from this, things seem to be functioning a-ok.

Further info: I’ve been building a Max MSP interface (thus far focusing on influencing both the Rytm and Four with a Quneo).

OB v2.0.37
Rytm MKII OS: 1.50a
macOS: Catalina 10.15.4 (16in. MBP)
Application: Max 8.1.3

I went ahead and submitted a support ticket, but I figure it won’t hurt to post this here as well.

sounds like you need to work on the Max [speedlim] object settings if this freezing relates to your custom interface

2 Likes

Fair point; I’ll give that some elbow grease and report back.

I appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

alluded to above (if indeed related) fwiw

2 Likes

For those using the Digitakt plugin in Ableton are you able to hear each of the DT track’s effects (delay+reverb) in Ableton? Everything sounds right on the main Digitakt channel, but when I route each DT track to its own Ableton track I no longer hear their effects.

Also, is the DT really quiet in Ableton for anyone else? Mine is at least 10-15dB quieter than it should be.

the effects on the elektrons are send effect and only on master. the track channels are recorded dry.

2 Likes

I was having some Catalina issues, with the Overbridge Engine not recognising my Analog Heat at all.

Uninstall/Reset/Reinstall/Reset didn’t fix anything (tried that a few times) and I double checked all of the settings on the Heat, so I thought it might be the USB cable. After a bit of head scratching, I figured out that the Overbridge driver had been added to a ‘Disabled Software’ list at some point during the beta, or an OS update or something.

If anybody’s stuck with a similar issue, you can check by clicking on the ‘System Report…’ button in ‘About This Mac’ then going down to ‘Disabled Software’. I had maybe 6 drivers listed, and Elektron Overbridge was one of them.

It took a while figuring out how to take it off the blacklist. Google sent me down a rabbit hole with Terminal commands, but the fix is much simpler. It’s in System Preferences under ‘Security & Privacy’. Navigate to to the ‘General’ tab, click on the lock to make changes and that’s where it is.

Hope this helps somebody out. It’s a great update.

7 Likes

Same here, not just in Ableton but in general.
Even with max gain (+16dB is it?) selected in DT’s USB setup and all tracks cranked up quite high I can barely get it to the level virtually every other sound source operates at on my computer.

I’ve been having trouble getting my A4 Mk1 to work with the latest versions, even with the newly released Overbridge 2.0 full release. Computer is a MBP 16" i9 2019, Mac OS 10.15.4.

When turning it on Overbridge Engine says measuring for 10-15 sec and then reports fault.

I have tried re-installing the drivers, using another cable, connecting through an overhub and directly to the Mac.

Also tried the suggestion here: https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-12-public-beta-au-plugins-stability-improvements/88798/47

If I do this and hit apply I only get a message saying that the configuration can’t be applied due to bandwidth could not be allocated…even though it’s just 16 bit, 2in/2out.

I also have an AR Mk1 and that one works without a problem.

Any suggestions?

Any chance Overbridge 2 could work with Windows 7? (I know system requirements are Windows 10, but… I think it was working with some betas, wasn’t it?) Has someone tried it, is there some workaround or the only solution is upgrading to Windows 10?

You could contact the following user:

1 Like

Did you uninstall first. (You must)

1 Like