This is wonderful…I have the AU running as follows:

• AR Mk2
  • 2009 Mac Pro running MacOS 10.13.6
  • Logic X 10.4.4
  • Have unplugged midi and audio cables, so just on USB
  • The timing feels rock solid

I am not able to record the audio being streamed in however:

• The routing box in the plugin is empty
  • The initial track created when I add the plugin has a record enable button (but when enable it and record, no soundfile is shown, or recorded)
  • The Aux tracks you spawn from the main track to access the individual drum sounds have no record enable button to set

I have screenshots which i can share - can document steps to reproduce etc. I have been a pretty sh_t tester so far as I pretty much only use logic. Perhaps now I can some into my own :wink:

Am I missing something with the routing and the recording?

DIGITAKT AU RUNNING ON:

LOGIC X 10.4.4
MOJAVE 10.14.4

SMOOTH AS HELL :star_struck:
For those who are havig issues installing on MOJAVE

Check Your Security Settings on System Preferences. I spend 20 minutes figuring out WTF was going on…

Thanks guys at Elektron! I was REAALY EXPECTING THIS DAY FOR YEARS

2 Likes
  • Digitone running OS 1.11_BETA1

I saw that. Digitone is in beta too or am i missing something ? Thx

Anyone experiencin this?

anyone may have a hint for me.
with the newest version (and the version before) I am not able to use the Analog Four MK1 via overbridge. but as a soundcard its possible and my RYTM mk1 works like expected.

Precondition: A4 is direct connected to the mac usb. mac is up and running. looking at the Overbridge Engine.

• turning on the A4
  • Overbridge / Engine starts “measurement” but after x seconds it went red and shows “fault”

any help/hint is appreciated. thanks in advance

Open up the control panel and enable at least two channels in and two channels out. Hit apply and restart the unit.

3 Likes

you made my day! it works (in and out to measure - makes now sense). thanks.

2 Likes

Just in case: The extension is listed in the security prefs, and check-marked?

1 Like

Engine would not register the unit if the the extension was not allowed. There is something else interrupting the communication between the softwares that I have not seen before.

2 Likes

The track that gets created is a Midi track, that’s why you can’t record audio on it… It’s meant to draw midi notes and cc messages there to control the Elektron box. Still need to wrap my head around how to best utilize both sequencers at the same time.
I do wonder though, what’s up with the empty routing popup in the AU version (on my A4 MK1, latest Logic version).

AU is functioning well in Logic Pro X, but I’m unable to get the digitakt pads to send midi, and therefore can’t record a part via MIDI from it.
I’m able to control the digitakt from other controllers while the au track is selected, just not the digitakt pads.
Once I switch overbrige off, the pads send midi perfectly.
I’m sure there’s an obvious fix to this that I’m missing. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like

Does not work for me with MOTU Digital Performer 9.5 on mojave - Instrument GUI loads fine (VST and AU), and can control the digitakt, but the audio streams do not seem to send audio through to the application.

Hello, on OSX I did accidentally click on the “don’t authorise” button for the security preference thing. I can’t see any “overbridge” to check or uncheck in my security preference panel now… Un-installing and re-installing the software didn’t help. How can I manually add the driver to the list? (In which list, then? accessibility?)
thanks

It seems it is only possible to assign positive offsets for performance macro parameters from the Rytm plugin (tested both standalone and VST). It seems offset is zero when the depth knob in the UI is turned all the way to the left (center should be zero). Scene macros can be edited properly from the UI tho.

still no Digitone huh?

1 Like

Nope, but seems they knocked a few thing out so that:

1 Like

senor-bling, thanks for replying. i have got the manual open (and the control panel, AND the standalone)

are you saying you have a way of opening an audio track from the OB plugin? i thought maybe if i opened an audio track then i could open OB as an insert effect but that’s not happening. how are you able to do this with your A4?

Also you mention both sequencers…do you mean logic and the A4?

Am I experiencing a bug or not-yet-implemented feature?

(i feel sure i must be being dumb)

1 Like

Is it possible to Bounce the Overbridge track from MIDI to Audio, similar to a virtual instrument AU plug-in in Logic Pro? When I bounce the MIDI clip on the Overbridge track from MIDI to Audio, the audio region is empty :frowning:

i WILL TEST TOO

new version, same detection problems… Digitakt is not detected

1 Like