Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

Overbridge now sees machines on Mac Sierra, but all of them error out within a minute. The RYTM Mk2 seems most stable. Digitone still unstable and now A4 Mk2 is unstable as well.

Going to continue testing to eliminate any errors on my part. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Overbridge Beta 2.0.31.1 was not seeing my devices after 4 install attempts, using multiple hubs. What finally seemed to work was keeping the devices off during the install and restart and once my new IMac Pro was up and running I turned on my A4, RYTM, Heat and Keys and voila they were finally detected and ready to go. Keeping the devices off seemed to work but who knows. In the system report on my mac I checked the USB section and the hubs always showed up listed the connected Elektron machines so I was spinning my wheels for awhile. Back to it.

3 Likes

Hello i use the overbridge beta 2.0 and an analog 4 mk1 OS 1.50 and it doesnā€™t work with ableton 10 ? Any ideas ?

thanks!

1 Like

Hello I use a Digitakt, Ableton, and the latest Overbridge on Mojave.

Is there a way to keep control of my DT knobs while plugged into Ableton with Overbridge VST as Midi channel (turned down) and 8 separate audio tracks (at 0db level)?

Because once Iā€™m using the VST I canā€™t have control on my DT, itā€™s kinda defeating the whole purpose, no?

Without question, 2.0.31 solves the major connection/recognition issues I encountered using a 2013 MBP with Sierra. Thanks for that.

However, Iā€™ve noticed that a drift occurs over the span of a few minutes that clearly is the result of latency, which, as David says is expected of all plugins to some extent.

But when the latency seems to worsen over time ā€“ not only in the sense of slowly falling out of time, but also of slowing down or actually losing sync ā€“ the E-RM multiclock mentioned below starts to seem like a good solution. In fact, I own one already.

So I now have to create a virtual instrument and routing on my UAD Console (I have the Apollo Twin Mk II Quad) that will allow me to run sync and test the difference between orthodox AR2 tracking (i.e., through Overbridge) versus through the audio interface. I hope to post results by the end of this weekend or, at the latest, of the weekend after this.

Having bled that (ow!), allow me to thank Elektron staff for researching and solving basic connectivity issues with earlier Macs running previous versions of the Mac OS. Really useful, that.

does anyone else has this problem?

when I record audio in Ableton from the Digitakt-Plugin, the timing is a little to early, so I canā€™t use the recording of the first bar. Is there a way to fix this?

@paulito - I think this is discussed in various threads to greater or lesser degree, but Iā€™d be interested in a definitive ā€œbest workaroundā€ and step by step process. In fact I think itā€™d be nice to have a ā€œoverbridge workarounds for current known issuesā€ thread.

Is anyone else having latency issues when playing the pads to live record into Ableton?

Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.30.3_Beta.dmg & Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.31.1_Beta.dmg
macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra
Ableton 10.1.7
Start new project, add one AU instance of every Elektron device i own.
Save project, close Ableton. Reopen Ableton, load same project, all plugins appears active on OB engine.
From here, if i reopen this project, half of devices will appear idle, the remaining as active.
Itā€™s easily reproductible on my system here and make OB totally unusable for me atm.
Will fill a ticket if nobody else got this issue or if thereā€™s no workout (seems hopeless but if someone knows feel free to respond).

1 Like

Please file that ticket.

2 Likes

Done.

1 Like

MBP with Catalina.

Had to have 2 installs or Overbdirge for Digitone to start to pick up.
For Digitone to pick up I have to

1. Start digtione
  2. once it is started plug in USB cord.

Digitone will work with MBP for about 3 minutes then digitone will crash.

Before I rise ticket I would like to know what cable, connector elektronauts are using to plug into USB -C. At the moment I am using OCW TB docking station.

I have same for digitone on catalina, crashes in about 1-2 minutes

When is overbridge and C6 gona work with Mac OS Cataline? =)

C6 is not going to be updated for Catalina. OB works on Catalina now (although not 100% yet)

2 Likes

okej bad news for me then, I canā€™t be the only one with that problem =)

I guess ill need to have 1 computer to load samples and 1 other to connect with OB =)

You can use Elektron Transfer, that works on Catalina.

3 Likes

Thank you so much I will try that later today.

Thereā€™s also a free app out there called Sysex Librarian which is handy to have.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found that connecting my Digitone directly to my MacBook Pro (ie: not via my powered hub) greatly improves the stability of the current OB. Unfortunately I only have one spare USB so I canā€™t do this with my A4 and Digitakt so I can only reliably use OB with one device at a time. Gonna upgrade to an iMac soon so crossing my fingers that all those extra USB2 ports will solve all OB issues :crossed_fingers: