Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

just wanted to thank @djx for solving my blank sound pool problem :call_me_hand:

I noticed that the sound pool on my A4mkII appears empty until I drag a new sound into it. Then suddenly all the sounds in there suddenly show up. Maybe try that?

Unable to download this version, download hangs at 29mb
Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.31.1_Beta.dmg

works fine here.

1 Like

PC or mac?

.dmg = mac

1 Like

Is there a way to use overbridge but bypass the clockout? i just want to record the single voices and fx via usb without using vst. i really like my clocks outboard when i do livesets because of the latency and if i put to many fx in my daw the clock of my ak and the clocks of the rest of my setup are getting apart.

Iā€™m having troubles with Overbridge 2.0.31.1 beta on macOS Catalina 10.15.2

During the installation process I was asked to Allow ELEKTRON MUSIC MACHINES MAV AB to access some sort of security settings. Iā€™ve clicked allow, restarted and Elektron Engine was installed however I cannot see my Analog Four MK2 on the list. Iā€™ve also changed settings on A4 to USB Overbridge (I am running new firmware 1.40A)

Is there anything else that has to be done?

EDIT:

Re-installed once again and resterted and itā€™s working. I havenā€™t seen security error message this time. Back to testing, thanks :slight_smile:

you can disable clock sync in the OB control panel iirc

1 Like

found it in the ak vst finally :smiley: set up is great now till i get the next shit :smiley:

Neither application is recognising the hardware.

I have Mac Pro 2019 with Catalina. I canā€™t seem to connect my Rythm MkII. The overbridge doesnā€™t show any devices

USB mode set to OB mode?

1 Like

OB mode is ON.

I have MDKiN USB-C hub. Can this be a prob? I have my audio card wired through it and it works.

Try without the hub, eliminate those variables.

2 Likes

Ok I will report back. I will need to get single port converter.

Have you also tried plugging the hub into the other usb c?

Just tried different ports. Audio card and mouse picks up right the way. Rytm doesnā€™t seem to care even if I keep it by-itself in the hub. I ordered Appleā€™s single USB-C to USB on Amazon should be getting here tomorrow Iā€™ll try again.

Incase, I have the latest beta 2.0.3.1.1 and 1.50A in the unit.

1 Like

Nice plan, youā€™ll get it!

Ok I followed Charlieā€™s troubleshooting here and can confirm everything works. That weird permission thing also wasnā€™t showing up.

Something I noticed with the USB Hub. After installing Overbridge and restarting > turned on Rytm it showed up in both Overbridge and Ableton but audio card didnā€™t kick in. Unplugged the card from usb and connected again > everything works. Might be conflict so I am getting separate converter for Rytm II also incase hub canā€™t keep up.

tested this: Keeping Rytm ON when installing Overbridge and after restarting will not make it discoverable. Basically keeping it on before Macbook Pro fully loads up will not make it show up in overbridge. This again could be related to USB hub. I tried loading with Rytm ON and when system was up and running I just restarted the machine and it was good to go.

Hope this helps. Cheers!!

3 Likes

Same here on my macOS. Using A4 MK2 as audio interface it randomly disconnects itself and status Failure appears in Overhub Engine. :frowning:

1 Like