Overbridge 2.0.31 Public Beta

Et voila…

5 Likes

Midi sync is not working well here either

1 Like

I’m using it with an mpc x inside mpc software, the transport does not start in time its on average 2 beats to a bar behind. The timing is also drifting, feel a bit of a sucker for updating as don’t have any working results now at all without rolling everything back.

Good to hear that a fix is in the work for the hanging notes on DN.

2 Likes

Definitely. Although since submitting the ticket and getting that response back, I’ve not had any hanging notes :woman_shrugging:

Tested this some more today back to using standard midi sync and streaming the channels to record the audio channels. The drift and delayed start with transport controls is unworkable in my setup using the plugin. I can offset the delay but the timing drift is far too much. All set up correctly according to the manual. All honesty I can’t see me using the plugin that much unless there’s a way to detach the audio output (digitone) although I enjoy the sound of the effects and the machine in itself I cant see any circumstance I wouldn’t want to mix down each channel using native software eq, plugins etc when it comes to production. Live I always use the machine as is think any other way would be asking for trouble!

thx

did u tried in a empty projects with less vsts?

I’ve owned a Digitakt and a Digitone for almost two years now, installed Overbridge 2 beta from the very first release.
No problems so far on a MacBook Pro 15" late 2013 with Catalina.
Today I switched to a new MacBook Pro 16". The Overbridge Engine loses contact with both machines randomly, completely unusable.
Tried connecting both on a Thunderbolt 3 hub and via USB, no way. :frowning:
Tried also to downgrade to 2.0.30.3, keeps not working properly.

You have to use Transfer now

1 Like

What do you mean with this? It sounds like you are not using it as intended. See the two last points in the splash screen:

Or am I misinterpreting you?
/D

2 Likes

I am doing this too since I got the E-RM Multiclock in October and never really had a problem with it neither on the Macbook mid 2012 nor on the Imac 2019. I only noticed afterwards that you shouldn’t do this and was pretty happy that it worked right away. Even on different operating systems! From High Sierra to Mojave to Catalina everything more or less flawless.

Overbridge plugins report a latency to the DAW just like any other VST/AU does, except it is calculated also based on the latency of the hardware. If you put another clock in there you will not get the correct result. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For that reason you can shift the signal +/- 300 ms to compensate that with the multiclock with almost no jitter. it works pretty solid for me.

2 Likes

Hello David

I bought Digitakt 14.11.2017 . In those days, it was said that in February 2018, overbridge 2.0 will be released (When I saw the beta phase, I bought Digitone in November 2019). Are you still in Beta stage, will stable overbridge come out one day or how much time do you need after 2 years?

because,
I do not want to hold it if the stable version will not be released

thank you

I can’t tell you when a stable version will be released but it is definitely the ambition of the team to do so. But the more interesting question is, what are you missing in the Beta release so far? I totally understand that if it says stable it is considered more reliable. However, with the recent Beta releases many users are running Overbridge flawlessly. Can you not use it with your Digitone?
ping @hakankursun

David

5 Likes

Does also not work with my Rytm MK1 / MacBook Pro 16" and Catalina installed. The Rytm is not recognized by the Overbridge client. The 1.50A firmware is on the device and the permissions are set in the macOS security settings.

The previous version 2.0.30.3 works!

Thank you guys for the Beta.
Not sure if anyone mentioned this:
I’m using Digitone with Cubase (latest v), and every once in a while the digitone gets stuck…
Would be happy to share more details if needed.

1 Like

Be dope if midi clock offset was incorporated into overbridge. it could have negative values. This would allow for on the grid midi out.

The dream would be to have it per midi track.

Catalina here - Using it with AK

Odd behavior - when I change it from 2 input tracks at 24-bit to 6/6 (mains plus 4 individual inputs), it made my mouse that’s attached to that hub stop working completely. Had to switch back to bluetooth Magic Mouse.

Is that uh… normal?

I really like how the plugin works in general.

My #1 complaint would be that Total Recall forces you to actively accept sync from the plugin on the synth. There should be a synth option to always sync from the plugin when you load a session - it could definitely potentially be really annoying to have to keep doing that. Am I missing a pref somewhere?