Overbridge 2.0.12 Public Beta - AU Plugins, Stability Improvements

Don’t know whether I can post the link here but you can load 2010 firmware on 2009 Mac pros - so the computer thinks it’s a 2010.

As a total aside, when the flip are apple going to make a new project machine for audio people?

1 Like

I found a couple of stray .plist files in Preferences in the user Library directory I had to delete after I uninstalled the previous OB, but they were tricky to find because some files were listed as se.elektron, instead of com.elektron - for example. Those old .plist files had retained OB preference settings from previous versions and it began to cause conflicts with my AR & AF until I found and deleted them. In addition, check in the User directory Cache folder for any Elektron files or folders to delete prior to installing the new OB software.

2 Likes

its not seeing my digitakt either anymore now

what seems to not work is when I have Digitakt going into overhub the computer will not recognize it but if I go directly in to the computers USB port it works

Hello
with this update the midi communication is lost if the option ‘overbridge mode’ selected in AK

Analog Keys MkI
OS Sierra 10.12.6

Yeah erm… all this is exactly what I’m talking about…

There is nothing in the security settings that says the overbridge extension is blocked so I don’t know what else im looking for.

Let me know if you have any thoughts as to what it might be. Could really use some guidance

there no where in security preferences that shows lists or check marks of allowed items

Digitakt 1.11B6 Overbridge 2.0.12.2 Mojave / selecting the ‘Total Recall’ button in the Digitakt VST just sends the DT into a loop - the DT screen saying ‘overbridge sync’ but seemingly nothing happens. I can escape by pressing no on the DT but I presume this feature still needs more love… (same behaviour in both Logic and Ableton).

1 Like

I removed every thing I could find from elektron or over bridge ran the uninstaller and it still doesn’t see the digitakt in Ableton live.

Hi Olle,
Should I raise a ticket for not being able to record AR2 audio through the OB plugin?

• AR Mk2
  • 2009 Mac Pro running MacOS 10.13.6
  • Logic X 10.4.4
    It’s just that I’m aware that there isn’t any explicit mention of how to do it in logic and the ableton instructions don’t apply as you can’t ‘Create a new Audio track and select the plugin track as the incoming audio source’ in logic.
    Perfectly happy to raise a ticket.
    Thanks,
    Stuart

I run OS X 10.12, Logic Pro X, and an ARMKII and record Aok with each beta iteration.

So you are getting individual audio tracks from the rytm into Logic and can hear them/see them lighting up their respective track meters when record-enabled?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for responding. Here’s a sequence of actions:

1. setup new software track as OB with multiple mono outputs
  2. master track created has a record enable button and has a level meter which responds appropriately to audio coming through from the AR2
  3. in logic mixer view press the little ‘+’ sign next to the bottom of the fader for the instrument to create additional aux / sub outs for it
  4. these tracks all have mute and solo buttons only and play the audio that you would expect associated with the track no. i.e. #1 is BD, #2 is SD, etc. - they also have level meters that respond appropriately for the audio being routed through them
  5. at this point, because i have switched off all the tracks on the AR2 from sending to the main outs, the original instrument track i created is playing the FX, and all the aux / sub are playing the inidividual sounds
  6. select record enable on the original track and record
  7. no audio recorded

senor-bling (a bit further up this thread) said that the track created is more like a midi track - shortly, i’ll try generating some extra midi info whilst logic is recording by tweaking some of the AR2 parameters and see if that records.

where elektron could help here is if they could confirm that they expect recording audio from a software instrument in logic is an expected feature:

• normally software instrument tracks are completely distinct from audio (with my limited knowledge, the way to get from the former to the latter is to bounce the software instument to a new audio track)
  • the ableton worked example says ‘create a software instrument track, then create audio tracks with the software instrument set as their input’ - again, my limited knowledge says you will only be able to select audio interface inputs as inputs for audio tracks

If this can be made to work (as it seems like it is very close to doing), it will be a killer feature - creatung another load of audio inputs aside from your audio interface is a pretty big deal. And this is quite apart from the plugin itself which has a lovely UI and, for the AR2 at least, really complements the hardware nicely.

I’ll report back with my midi test once i’ve walked my dog.

2 Likes

Hi
Mk1, logic , Mojave on Mac Pro: the moment I start to automate any parameter audio will start stuttering. Any tips?

Finally my Digitakt is recognised by my Mac running macOS 10.14.4 (18E226) :+1:

1 Like

For anyone having issues with getting the au plugin to recognize Digitakt MIDI in LPX via usb, I’ve found that if I also hook up the digitakt via MIDI (and set midi config/port config to MIDI), it recognizes the pads as a midi input device. (Of course, still keep your USB cable connected for audio and correspondence with the overbridge au, and stay in overbridge mode on the digitakt)

The only issue I found is that, because the digitakt pads send as C1, you need to transpose the instrument track you’ve created in Logic to +24 in order for the samples to be played back at the pitch you’ve set in the digitakt.
Once you’ve done that, it works as expected. You can record midi via the digitakt and all aspects of the au plug work as expected.
Hopefully proper usb midi will be implemented in an au update.

Solid as a Rock. Thank You Elektron :heart_eyes:

Ok I realized after re-reading your initial post that you are trying to use the rytm in plugin style, not as an audio interface (sorry. You made this obvious but I was skimming).

So are you not interested in making an aggregate device in audio/midi setup app on OS X (or just using the rytm alone as an interface) and then using the rytm inputs into audio tracks?

Sam

Well, i deleted files you mentioned after uninstall but same problem, Dgtkt is not detected… this is crazy…
what am I missing here?

after uninstall there should be no files left behind. except for maybe and empty elektron folder.

BUT, go into the OB engine and check to see if no tracks have been enabled [engine, not the DT plugin]. if everything is disabled the DT won’t be seen. if i recall, you just need to enable mains or something.
i had the same issue with my A4.

I’m sorry im on a diff computer and can’t take a screen cap of what i mean :frowning: