Overbridge 2.0.12 Public Beta - AU Plugins, Stability Improvements

Oh, lawd! I love what they did to overbridge!!

I was just playing back my recordings in live when suddenly… trigs started to light up automatically, at the times I’ve fired them during the recording… w00t!! That’s brilliant and I bet there’s more! Hehe

I have no idea, I just installed the latest version and it worked at the very first try.
It’s a Mac Mini (late 2012) running macOS 10.14.4 with upgraded RAM and SSD.
Previously I tried everything, from reinstalling Overbridge to changing the USB cable and nothing worked.

Update on my situation:
SO it seems after completely reinstalling/refreshing my Rytm and A4 that OB latest version is working.
I had to downgrade, uninstall and reinstall OB though.
AU seem to work correctly at the moment but VST kind of.
On my Rytm all my patches seem to be mostly lost. I am pretty mad on this as I did multiple backups via C6 as I previously mentioned. Some come back when OB Plugin mode (often used on projects) is used.

My question is then is the plugin saved on the device or actually in the plugin settings?
This is the part that I don’t really understand.
As for Rytm sounds being lost is sort of sucks but thankfully not the A4 as those patches are far harder to re-create.

did you get it working? same issue here

I had lost of issues with the A4 plugin, to the point i am not using it anymore…
THe rytm is behaving solid, so i hope next update will be a bit more focused on A4

Just a cross link for Mac users who have problems with Overbridge installation (hint: it is not Overbridge what causes the problems):

2 Likes

So Elektron… just have to say… the complications with this update are not a small deal in anyway for some of us…
I had a live act last week that was ruined by this and I have an ep in the works which is now stalled until this is either fixed or I am forced to buy more gear i cant afford to replace overbridge which was working 100% before this update on both my studio pc and macbook for live which now dosnt at all on either… completely unusable on both.

I am heartbroken no exaggeration.

I have tried downgrading to the last beta and no joy.

Honestly please fix this this is a big deal for me.

Both hardware firmware and OB software are in beta. Although Elektron has to definitely improve on this regard and deliver what they promised, it’s best to avoid becoming beta testers if you have an important live set or recording session to do. Can you downgrade to the stable firmware and use your elektron as before?

3 Likes

I’ve tried that and same issues… my elektron gear is now unusable even in the studio

not even stable for 8 bars

That sounds awful, I hope Elektron can solve this soon!

When is overbridge coming for DIGITONE & OCTATRACK mkii?
Already years before I read like “in development”? Should be working right now?

DN in the making, OT MK2 never

1 Like

wow thanks for your quick answer

I’m Digitone OS 1.11_BETA1 amd would like to report an issues:

I’ve also gotten then whole Digitone to hang a few times by having Midi Out - > Midi In connected with the same cable and then load a Project from the Project manager. It shows the Progress bar but no progress and then it’s stone dead and needs a hard reset.

(otherwise it works well)

Happy bugfixing :slight_smile:

At the top of this thread. There are links for all installers and OS Packages.

I had the same problem with the MK2 devices when I had their USB cables connected directly to the Mac USB ports while on these betas, including this current one. Three weeks ago I bought the Overhub, and now I’m able to MIDI Sync without dropouts. I can even use all of the different MIDI sync options with the DAW, including SPP and Pattern Mode for 1-16 bars (maybe more) while staying in perfect sync.

I only bought the Overhub because I truly ran out of USB ports on my computer (stupid iLok) and I had already struck-out with several lower-priced powered-USB 3.0 hubs previously purchased from Best Buy. I did not buy Overhub with any expectations to solve my Overbridge and MIDI sync issues, but it actually did. The price was a bit hard to justify because it’s not very sexy, but it is an extremely utilitarian purchase if you have multiple Elektron devices with Overbridge.

1 Like

can i use the digitone as a soundcard with overbridge 2.0.9.16 version?? many thanks!!!

New version available here:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-14-public-beta

2 Likes