Overbridge 2.0.12 Public Beta - AU Plugins, Stability Improvements

yes, you can - there is also a stereo master output (ASIO inputs 1&2) as well as the 8 tracks +2 inputs, and there are options to include or remove all the other tracks from it - if you remove 1-8 it just outputs the FX track.

1 Like

I can’t see it in the OB manual either - I suspect it should be in the Digitakt manual eventually cos it’s an “in Digitakt” thing but isn’t because this is still a beta?

yeah that works perfectly - don’t know why I didn’t see it before!

duckchild you are a superior human being. I’m just off to update my Logic templates.

Thanks, that’s brilliant :smile:

1 Like

Digitakt 1.11B6
OB2.0.12.2
Mac OS 10.14.2
Major discrepancies between the Digitakt AU and VST parameter lists in Ableton Live 9.7.5 and 10.0.5. (my personal preference is for VST list)

VST:

AU:

So…i cant help with ableton stuff. I use logic.
But in OB mode im using USB and MIDI cables. USB for the audio and midi for DT (for example), and midi cable from DT to external synth for sync and cc stuff. I can also go main outs to my soundcard as well from DT (DT aggregate with soundcard)

The issue i was having with my A4 faulting was, no tracks were enabled in the OB standalone window. Once i enabled tracks, the box didnt fault.

Hmm still freezing.
Uninstalled. Reinstalled OB 2.0. Switched around USB slots 3.0 and 2.0 dedicated not hub.

Tried powering AR2 first then PC. Vice Versa.

2.0.11 and 2.0.12 AR2 OB Plugin freezes my entire Ableton Live Suite session when trying to load.

AR2 Plugin Standalone comes up and then disappears.

Its weird Elektron_Overbridge_2.0.9.16_Beta worked weeks ago, just pretty unstable with pops and drops in sound.

I’m on 64-Bit Win 10 machine. Xeon 3.6GHZ. 32GB Ram. Pretty frustrating.

Anyone on a Win 10 having any luck?

I just have to say… Elektron this update sucks

Heres what a standard 4\4 kick looks like wtf

unusable and ive tried on macbook pro and powerful studio pc

Overbridge clearly doesn’t work on all systems but if you have the same issue on two different systems on two different platforms I would guess that there might be something you have misunderstood how it’s supposed to be set up and work. Could you explain how you have it set up and maybe we can guide you right?

1 Like

Which Xeon processor is this?

2 Likes

It was working fine before the update

Puter

And the Mac

Mac pro high sierra 8gb ram

Both using the direct usb out no hub

Ableton 10.1

Ableton

I am testing the Beta 2.0.12 of Overbridge and I have got some problems here:

System Win 10 Home
Ableton 10.0.6
Rytm mk1 latest beta os in overbridge mode
Afour mk1 latest beta os in overbridge mode
Digitone as midi device only

Everything starts fine but after a while about 10 sec. the rytm vst is loosing connection to the overbridge engine. But after a short break the rytm reconnecting automaticly, but playback is now out of sync.

That problem is happening in a loop. Playing…loosing connection…playing…loosing.

But without any pops and crackles. I am in highest driver performance mode on 128 buffersize.

Can some of you guys confirm that as a bug?
Thanks
Milan

I made a ticket request last week about that.

Hi Olle,
The specifics of my system. I had to re-install older version of OB 2.0.9.16 and it somewhat works. If I work with minimal plugins and just print as I go, I can get some work done without the pops and clicks.

The newer updates of the beta for OB (.11 and .12) just doesn’t work for my system no matter what I do.
Hopefully the next beta will work, cheers!

So the Overbridge engine on my Mac Pro will not recognize any devices, even when directly plugged in. I found that if I did a manual re-installation of Mac OS Mojave the engine would see the devices and work for awhile, then as soon as I turned them off and shut the system down they would no longer be recognizable. I went through this procedure twice just to double check. I accidently threw out my pre .11 and .12 OB installers that were working great and the links to the older closed betas are no longer active. :frowning:

Hope this gets sorted soon. Also, the midi device disappearing from core midi when switching the usb to OB mode is also a pretty major bummer for me on these latest releases. When I did have it working I could not route it so that the overbridge devices would accept automatic pattern changes from the OT anymore because of this. You can do the midi channel 16 pattern change with a note, but this is sort of a bummer when syncing a ton of elektron boxes and an MPC through ableton.

Hey) Who’s on Analog Rytm MK1 + Ableton + OsX? Any improvements at plugin crash issue?

where can I find the installer for the last version of overbridge?
thanks

What do you mean by last? Overbridge 1.15? Or the previous beta versions?

The previous beta versions can be found in the previous posts in the public beta section.

Overbridge 1.15 can be found here:

… but be warned: Overbridge 1.15 only works with some of the old machines and only if they are using quite old OS versions.

1 Like