OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

should be balanced, at least the inputs…

then add VAT and import duty.
Crikey… I’ll let mine go for half that price… PM me if interested. :wink:

lol, I never know if they’re joking or not!

Yeah I see the rest of their prices are similarly obese. Perhaps it’s a comment on the true value of the dollar… :fearful:

Dennis from Boum suggested using balanced cables, which did fix the problem I had with the bypass outputting a different volume compared to the 100% dry signal in active mode. I’m not really technically minded enough to add much more to the balanced/ubalanced question, other than this did fix the problem.

2 Likes

I swear to Almighty Steve the whole balanced vs unbalanced thing and under what circumstances it makes a difference (and to what) still leaves me utterly confounded.

(Sorry for the derail rant but it’s been a tough day and I needed a safe place to vent. I love you guys.)

3 Likes
  • 1 on this as well, i messaged them about purchasing new knobs because i wanted my BIM BAM BOUM to all match and he sent me the ones i needed free of charge!
5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Is this pedal solid for guitar?

just got the BIM and the BAM … i have the audiofuse studio and ableton live … can’t figure out how to connect the pedals to audiofuse inside ableton so i can use them with my instruments software … and audio tracks … any idea ?

Hi ML,

It isn’t clear from your post what you have set up/tried.

Do you have your BIM and BAM set up using the ableton ‘external audio effect’?

And through Preferences; chanel configuration?

1 Like

Hi Jimger !

I followed the advice of the Arturia support mail

I used the inserts 1 and 2 of the audio fuse and an external audio effect in Ableton

I went into input/output Ableton configuration and tried different config but didn’t manage to get sound when the external audio effect is 100%

but now I received a mail by Dennis from OTO that says

I wrote to Arturia again , waiting for their answer …

at the moment, I used both OTO with my guitar and it works like a charm, so the pedals are ok

but no chance with an audio track or a software instrument inside Ableton

Yeah, you probably need to do something like use the Arturia Aux out into the Bim input. Bim output to Bam input. Bam output to two of the line inputs on the Arturia. Set the external effect send to whatever corresponds to the Aux outs and set the effect return to whatever line inputs you plug into. Those inserts look like they only apply to what’s running into the 4 preamps and just insert “inline”. Like for an external dynamic effect that you want to record straight to disk.

Edit: basing this off most interfaces, I have not read the manual.

1 Like

I have an original Audiofuse. Comparing ‘original’ with the ‘Studio’ specs it looks like they’ve increased the ‘ins’ but not so much outs.

For my original, to use effects in Ableton, I use the ADAT. It adds 8 ins and 8 outs…

The BIM and BAM are stereo, right? So you need 4 of each to make em both work…

This did the trick for me, but extra cost!

Behringer ADA8200 Audiophile 8 In/8 Out ADAT Audio Interface with Midas Mic Preamplifiers https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E87OLFQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3M7S4NFGH3G69YV1MKWJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

Arturia sent me an answer. will try their trick tonight and let you know ….

many thanks for your infos ! precious !!!

Edit : adat needed !

1 Like

I’m assuming they just said those are inserts, so you need another device (8pre) to use as an ADAT connection to the Studio.

All this time I’ve had the Studio I’ve never used the inserts - now I know how to use them hahah, so thank you.

1 Like

well, at first they told me ( what a support ! ) that it worked through the inserts… which made me buy two expensive cables … then, and then only, when i asked them to guide me cause i could not make it work through those damn inserts, they made a very confusing second email … so, here we are

Adat is the way to go !

on a positive note , Denis from OTO is the cream of the cream, and BIm/Bam are simply outstanding !

4 Likes

BIM, BAM, BOUM

All currently back in stock at Rub A Dub.

Snagged myself a Boum.

10 Likes

Same :wink:
Very excited! It was hard resisting a Bam as well.

2 Likes

I was a naughty boy.

1 Like

There are two BIM available for 500 € at New Groove (Italian Store), if anyone’s interested