Is the Analog Drive pedal solid for guitar?

If you haven’t seen these, here’s some good demos:

More experimental usage:

I considered getting it too, but ended up with the hudson electronics broadcast (24 mins in)

If you are gonna get the AH perhaps it’s worth checking out something that gives you a different flavour (even if the AD is multipurpose & has the benefit of presets etc)

I can also recommend the Broadcast. I’ve never tried it on anything but guitar though. That will change very soon!

Broadcast is a fuzz isn’t it?
AD don’t have great fuzz modes but I have a really good versatile fuzz with the Nitrogen 21.

It’s a copy of the preamp stage of an old broadcasting console. It’s a great fuzz, but there’s way more in there. It’s a unique pedal. I love mine.

LeClean + leCab = pure awesome. If you have a GREAT booster upfront (I have this one: http://vleffects.free.fr/bullitt_fat_vintage.html , he says it’s low gain but I do not exacly agree, it spits out quite some juice) then Booster + leClean + leCab => absolute pure awesome. I had the leClean for over a year and was happy with it, but adding the CAB changed everything. It’s a system, really. Two Notes released the new CAB-M but I prefer midi and footswitches over bluetooth and size-reduction so I got the CAB instead. (New firmware = dual mic’s!!). I’ve been struggling with my guitar sound for ages, these days are over. This is IT.

1 Like

I ran my minilogue through the broadcast followed by the Avalanche Run, sounded huge!

That looks like a really cool pedal. I need to try one some time. After years of searching for the fuzz tone I was after, I ended up with an Analog Man Sun Face NKT Red Dot, and I love it. I asked Analog Mike to give me a wide sweep on the bias knob and it turned out so good.

Hey, came across the Broadcast recently and it looks like a nice affordable colour box, have you tried it on line level signals?

Only with guitar, it if you use a Mixing Link from Eventide, you can put it in the loop.

Check the Analog Drive, plenty of sounds can be had, and presets.

(And please avoid derailing a thread)

Anyone knows what AD circuit is the closest to a Pro Co Rat clone ?

I saw a cheap one, but I’m not sure if it is worth it having AD.

I don’t remember the specifics but I read this once and remember it being very detailed, might have something you can learn towards your question.

3 Likes

gotta mirror the sentiment that I don’t really care for the AD so much on guitar, but I like it a lot for really making synths sound gross. I got it on sale for like 80 bucks years ago so it was a bargain for me. Idk if I’d get one for much more though, the AH just sounds that much better for general use.

1 Like

For incredible 89€ price AD was no brainer and worth it ! I still have 2 ADs (first one for 150€ 2nd). Different from AH, can get much nastier…

2 Likes

thinkin about snaggin one of these to use in my live guitar rig . but i noticed on a lot of digitally controlled drive pedals, there are pops/clicks or small audio dropouts between patch/circuit changes. has anyone noticed anything like that with this pedal ???

Seems normal to me if it happens when you change circuits. Not too bad imho, but I didn’t check in a preset change context. (Usually tweaking same preset).
Beware, pretty noisy with high gain setting, noise gate probably necessary.

Analog Heat can be a very good contender. Cleaner, less noise, filter. I prefered its Octave Fuzz.
For dirty sounds AD is better.

1 Like

AD did end up a bit noisy for my taste in the guitar chain. Would probably be fun in high gain, heavy distortion scenarios. Would’ve needed significant noise suppression for me - probably too much.

1 Like

Just wanted to add my 2¢ here, I bounced off the Heat back in the day, it didn’t do it for me as a mix bus or synth effect. But I got a Drive specifically as an analog front end to an HX Stomp for guitar recording and it’s maybe my favorite distortion pedal of all time. I’m really overjoyed by it. I don’t find it noisy! Or, if it is, that’s just part of what distortion is all about imo.

3 Likes

I dont know if ive ever had the opportunity to do this honestly until now:

+1 :smile:

1 Like

AD is much noisier than AH, which can be a really good guitar fx btw…

Noise reduction for me too with AD.