OTO Machines FX - BIM BAM BOUM

…u might be right…cause i was wrong…bim is in…while bam, in fact is still out…here…
but if i join this french cake again, too…i’ll be bim for me, whatsoever…no need for further reverberation here…i got space as a last word on hardware rooming…

i’ve been experiencing a crackle from my bim and finally got around to emailing oto machines / denis about it. no surprise, i received an email about it being the holidays and them being on holiday. no problem. not 5min later, i get an email explaining how to ship my item in at no cost for either a repair or replacement. i’m incredibly impressed…i’m an owner of a biscuit, boum and bim, and every time i’ve had an issue they’ve been no short of amazing.

i’ve included the crackle in case you’re experiencing the same issue too.

6 Likes

When did the crackling start happening?

not too long, just finally had the time to investigate fully.

Ok. I’ve had mine for a while and no issues yet. Knock on wood

1 Like

Quick, before you ship it to repair, use the crackling and do covers of Pole’s tracks!

12 Likes

thank you so much for getting back to me! i had not thought of using it this way but it makes sense. all the best

1 Like

I need a new reverb. Should I get a BAM or should I get a Digitone again, and use it as an FX processor? :thinking:

Hmm choice seems easy to me… scoop that Digi!

1 Like

The Digi- reverb is pretty nice, but it’s pretty static. You can surely do much more reverb types with the BAM, depending on what the mix is calling for.
Although with the Digitone you‘ll get the benefit of having a very limited effects processor with an insane synth on top.

1 Like

Whats your daily driver synth ?

Integra 7 and Boomstar 8106. I’m going to be getting a MEGAfm soon, and the thought of either pairing it with the Digitone or BAM both sound very appealing to me.

1 Like

BAM would really make the intégra shine. There’s some good demos on YouTube. Also when I go to electro or live shows a lot of keyboardists are using the BAM and it sounds good live

1 Like

If you want REVERB definitely BAM, it also has a thru mode to use filters/gain/chorus - if you want something with Reverb then IDK your call!

1 Like

Since you will have FM covered with MegaFM and said you need a reverb rather than any of the other things Digitone brings, I think Bam is the clear choice. It is a gorgeous sounding reverb unit and is quite versatile.

2 Likes

Hi everybody !

Who would be interested with 3D printed decksaver ? PM me if you are :wink:

They will be made as these : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3384572

4 Likes

Failed project :confused:

How much would they have been?

Arround 20€ per piece and 50€ for 3 but I need to found a better/solid partner :wink:
For now, it’s aborted.

2 Likes

Just want to add my two cents regarding the boum vs heat.

I think as opposed to looking at which one to get, it would be better to look at how they would work together.

The heat is more of a filter with distortion than a compressor and the boum seems more of a compressor than a filter.

The EQ on the heat gives it a lot of control over dynamics and id imagine running a heat through a boum would really add a lot of depth and control to a master mix. Way more so than you’d have with just one.

And pairing either with any sort of other filter/compressor could probably have a lot of similar results but I think they’re two distinctively different instruments and would compliment each other very well.

Can’t wait til shops get more boums in. I’m hoping to have enough pennies to the side to scoop one up :slight_smile:

6 Likes