OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

I’m sitting here working on a new MIDI sequence and I’m just paralyzed imagining all the possibilities. It’s kind of bumming me out.

4 Likes

really curious to see how these will modify the ONE, HALF, TRIG, SYNC ONE, SYNC HALF, and SYNC TRIG LFO types. will a FIRST TRC trig on the first step make SYNC TRIG behave such that the LFO resets at the start of a pattern and then runs continuously (rather than resets at every 1st step of the 1st bar of the pattern)? if so that would solve a long-standing gripe I’ve had with :elot:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, as they are linked to trigs, it seems that TRC will affect only plockable parameters, so no chance to automate Setup pages parameters, except with Parts.

I know that those parameters aren’t p-lockable, but I wonder if the underlying behavior of these LFO types that are already doing a sort of conditional triggering will be consistent with how conditional trigs will work at the step level. does that make sense?

If you can test this with an AR, A4/AK or DT, you will know for sure.

1 Like

A FIRST would act as a One shot, don’t you think ?

A One shot with LFO TRIG=TRIG doesn’t work for want you want ?

@tsutek True, I’ll take a look at it on my AR, but we’ll only be able to test TRC interactions with the SYNC LFO variants when the new OT firmware gets released, as Elektron stopped including those in the newer sequencers.

@sezare56 Yes, a FIRST (one shot) with LFO TRIG=TRIG would work for what I want. You’d have to dedicate an entire MIDI track for this one LFO, because you couldn’t lay down any other trigs on that track without resetting the LFO, but oh well !

The more that I think about it, I suspect that the SYNC types won’t have their behavior changed at all, because they’re tethered to the event of a “track” restarting, which is independent of trigs. Most likely, @sezare56 's suggestion will be how to get there.

1 Like

I think you didn’t specified Midi Tracks before. :wink:
So I understand know. FIRST is welcome !

1 Like

Who is checking this page since december 2015 ?

7 Likes

I’m just visiting the forum a lot. If an OT thread is at the top with 30+ new messages (like it was when this was revealed) I know it’s time to party.

4 Likes

It’s like getting a new instrument for free

3 Likes

I’m so pumped for this update! This is something I’ve been hoping for since TRC was released for the AR and AF.

1 Like

Wasn’t aware of the trig condition update until you mentioned it!

Very excited for sure, is there any news of when its due to come out?

Nope, I would imagine it will be released when OTmk2 comes out, but who knows…
Mk2 should come along soon(ish).?

i wish all my bum days were like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have never had a box with the option for probability, I can imagine some possibilities but is there more to it than im grasping? Is this gonna be a full blown game changer? How much use do people find in conditional trigs on other elektron boxes

1 Like

Quite a bit.
It can make a 1 bar pattern much more alive and evolving, and still being 1 bar, concise to program.

Multiply that by 4 for 4 bar patterns… gets heavy.

Ultimately, you end up having to use less pattern memories just for the sake pattern variations. Allowing you to pack more patterns into a project.

And the FILL condition is wonderful for live improvising.

And that’s just on AR/A4. With OT, you can also p-lock the arp, so the possibilities are (will be) even greater.

7 Likes

@AdamJay beat me to it, but they save you a lot of pattern space, give you more varied patterns and the option of play once/fill etc. They’re massive.

And if you thought things like trigless locks were good, wait until you add in conditionals.

1 Like

I love the use of conditionals for longer patterns and fills…
I have yet to devote any brain power to the use of the nei and pre conditions, but my senses tell me that these are the ones to create really next level sequencer tricks…

2 Likes

I’ve recently got heavily into Pre and /Pre, which are really nice to fiddle with, but have yet to investigate Nei and /Nei at all. Might be time soon… that and conditional trigless locks too.

1 Like