OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

Ah yeah, also being a sampler it can be trigging anything rather than just the synth voice, I think im ready to have my mind blown again, this is gonna be crazy, is there a limit on how many you can use? Or just literally any trig? I can see it getting complicated quickly, in a good way. variation is gonna come incredibly easy

Thanks for the responses peeps

Any trig or trigless lock.

TRC is up there with parameter locks and scene/performance macros in terms of powerful Elektron features.

4 Likes

So definitely a game changer then :grin: Im super surprised that this is happening with the recent release of digitakt, fairplay to them for making this happen. The octatrack is seriously one of the few boxes I am 100% sure will be a classic, its already there and this takes it a step further. I never really considered quite how good this is. Aways happy to gain a new feature but this is a pretty big deal, excited to give it a go

4 Likes

Yea, and while the difference in FX between OT and DT is subjective, the addition of this objective feature puts the OTMKII (imo) into somewhat of a DT Pro space.

2 Likes

It’s already a classic that can become a legend !

TRC examples :

A sample lock on step 5 with plocked slice 1 (snare 1), TRC=50%
Same sample lock on step 6, Microtiming - 24, TRC=/PRE (opposite of PRE), slice 3 (snare 3)

That way, you can alternate 2 snares randomly with equal chances, and be free to use lfos.

With PRE you can also randomize playing 5 consecutive notes or not, with % on first note.
With /NEI you’ll be able to play 5 different notes on neighbor track, alternatively. 2 different lines.

I’m so happy to free lfos!

3 Likes

At that time I was working on fills and and occasional variations and having to copy/paste/adjust so, in the vein of what @AdamJay and @hellcore said, it was just taking up pattern slots and a bummer.

But that’s scratching the surface when it comes to to the OT. I mean, good lord, you can set up REC TRIGs and then have it recorded into a presliced Flex track where you can then plock the slice. One-shot trigs. MIDI feedback to the crossfader control. I have an AR and its Scenes and Performance can be tickled by MIDI. And probably other insanity smarter people here will divulge.

Imagine all those trigs conditioned and it’s like:

5 Likes

I agree with Fx quality for delay and reverb, but about the choice other Fx, number of FX for 1 track (up to 10 FX with neighbors and master), 15 lfos to modulate them, I think Ot is definitely more pro, as you will experiment soon with MKII very soon I hope ! :slight_smile:

(With midi tracks, you can add up to 24 lfos and go with Alice)

2 Likes

Just let me put Delay in slot 1… wishes

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking a lot about this. The only temptation of the newer instruments for me was the trig conditions.

The NEI and /NEI conditions are very exciting: inter-track linking of this kind will make OT into a wildly more interesting instrument.

6 Likes

I plan to go full Alice.

4 Likes

Cannot wait for this. The more I learn about them the more I realize I didn’t appreciate them, I had the impression they were mostly simple probabilistic stuff but there’s so much more.

2 Likes

exactly. the Octatrack was inaugurated into the dance music hall of fame last year, wherever that is located.

Don’t get too excited, the OT can still only send one prog ch per part.

Lovely news that support for mk.I OS will last…

3 Likes

Have never dealt with conditional trigs before. This will be like learning the OT all over again. Can’t wait!!!

Going through YouTube to see TRC in action on other Elektron gear.

Can you recommend a SUCCINCT video that does a good job of showing/explaining TRC without TOO much talking?

Thanks!

MIDI track can send pgm chng? how? AFAIK you can only assign a single pgm chng per track/part…?

Thavius Beck does a good job of explaining conditional trigs on AskVideo.com (A4 and AR courses). But unfortunately these arent for free. From time to time there are big discounts on this website though, worth checking :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=trig+conditions+elektron

?? Can you explain this process abit more in-depth please? Very interested about this!

Thought i was done with all this waiting for and installing multitudes of updates crap! But this is the nature of DAW and VST world…now i found myself regularly thinking about an update for a piece of hardware and wanting it “right now” because it provides something so very, very useful!

Looking forward to having the Octa doing what my RYTM and keys can do.