OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

:smile:

I think it should work when cond are true. Slide trigs are independent, so why not ?

it would be cool if the Slide Trig mode allowed the Slide to be p-locked although currently that isnā€™t possible.

but a conditional trig on a regular trig on grid sequence mode, that is p-locked to some parameter and also has a slide trig in the trig mode sequence would work with Conditional Trigs to either play that trig or not.

as regards a conditional scenario whether an existing trig has a slide applied to it or not, i donā€™t know if that is achievable. it would be cool if potentially allowable. Sometimes a slide note, sometimes no slide note.

2 Likes

The A4/R have other parallel sequencer layers but you can only explicitly TRC the main trigs viewable in regular step edit (so only Trigs or Trigless-Locks) if an underlying slide exists it will still occur only if the main layer is ā€˜trueā€™

2 Likes

The question is : Do cond trigs act as regular trigs when they are true ?

So you think slides will work with TRC ?

Of course, if a trig exists (i.e. via true or just normal) and it has a slide itā€™ll slide as normal

TRCs are just a way to locally mute/hide a trig

5 Likes

If I remember rightly the A4 recognises such slides when the conditional trig plays. Iā€™ll have to test that out when I get the chance.

this is beautiful

1 Like

This is exactly what Iā€™m expecting, but it would definitely be a lot of fun if it was possible to independently set the conditions for the actual slide trigs. Just dreaming.

2 Likes

Ok we wonā€™t believe Elektron guys anymore, when they say ā€œitā€™s not possibleā€. :grin:

But when ? Canā€™t wait ::loopy:

1 Like

This is super awesome, makes me hyper

Octaboner re-engaged.

3 Likes

They never actually said neverā€¦ :loopy:

3 Likes

I agree with you, @Open_Mike : while it has been officially stated numerous times that there would never be any OB for OT, I have never read official :3lektron: words denying the possibility for OT to be added trig conditions.

This announcement got me pretty excited, I just canā€™t wait to get my hands on an OT mk2 !

EDIT : seems I had already stated this :smile:

3 Likes

Itā€™s all good, I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was inā€¦ :totes:

6 Likes

Dude!

2 Likes

Conditions were true for the First Edition since a long time ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wrote it on purpose. Iā€™d like them to make impossible things for us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That just sounds to me like a diplomatic reply to a customer in a customer service situation.

I honestly wish people would not take everything an elektron employee says as a ā€œtruth written in stoneā€. No wonder they are secretive and do not communicate openly about their future, theyā€™d be damned every time they said something that didnā€™t materialize. Always good to take things with some grains of salt, you know ā€œsubject to change without noticeā€ and all that.

6 Likes