OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

Yep. I kind of prefer Microtiming Trig Counts which retrig envelopes, with TRC it will be more alive !

In order to retrig a track 1 with short envelopes with Playback Retrig, a workaround is to use a recorder T1 recording T1, and another Flex track T2 to play Recording 1 with retrigs. King of Flex Neighbor track.

I wish they can change that too.

3 Likes

Nice work around, Iā€™ll give it a try when Iā€™m back in studio. Shame it sacrifices a track tho

1 Like

conditional trigless-trigs anyone? :smiley:
Will this be possbile too?

Thanks a gazillion million elektron. Soooo nice to see the Octa alive and breathing!!

2 Likes

That requires preparation. Real time transposing would allow improvising.

1 Like

Yes. If the :elot: version follows the existing implementations

2 Likes

So happy for trig conditions!!! Hope they release an official editor/manager for ot projects on mac/pcā€¦ Thats the only real thing missing from their end. Keeping track of patterns is going to be more of a surprise now with trig conditions! just madness :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Conditional p locks would be cool.
Good timing also, as my Octatrack has been used mainly as a midi sequencer. Machinedrum drums are so good !

2 Likes

Youā€™re still alive ! You prefer to sequence MD with OT ?

1 Like

Staying alive. :chart_with_upwards_trend:
No only tempo sync the Md. (canā€™t seem to put my thoughts into words atm)
I meant Iā€™m not using Octa for drums.

2 Likes

ā€¦one thing i would like to see implemented for conditional trigs on all machines, is to be able to actually see from the steps whether a conditional trig has been set for that specific step or not, pretty much like what happens with p-locks (blinking led). this would help figure out which step has a conditional trig or not (i often find myself having to hit each single step to check if that step has a conditional trig or not :expressionless: and sometimes it can take time)ā€¦and actuallyā€¦setting a conditional trig isnā€™t p-locking a parameter for a specific step? :relaxed:

8 Likes

Have they said when this update will be released?

They have not.

2 Likes

That would be very useful - but how? Super fast- or very slow-blinking LEDS, maybe?

1 Like

Slow blinking is a good idea.

1 Like

iā€™m not sure how much this would require in terms of OS implementation (time and code-wise), i would be happy even with the way it works now with p-locks

Iā€™m not betting on it, but I hope we get conditional slide trigs.

1 Like

with the advent of midi trig conditions, could be a fun time to start sequencing the Machinedrum with the Octatrack midi.

5 Likes

getting kind of hot and bothered thinking about TRIG, HOLD, ONE, or HALF LFOs made in the LFO designer interacting with conditional trigs ā€¦ octa about to give birth to some gloriously complex modulations the likes of which havenā€™t been seen outside of absurd modular experiments.

you can say iā€™m feeling pretty glad i never gave up on the :elot: !

9 Likes

Indeed! And to have all this power over MIDI, simply glorious :heart_eyes:

Now if only there was a way to have 128 parts per project, the octa would reign supreme over most MIDI sequencers out there. But again, one can combine the OT MIDI seq with another seq with a MIDI mergebox and some planning so all good.

1 Like

Suggest thread merge

[Mod Edit] : Thanks for pointing this out, that purely speculative thread has been closed now. :thup: