OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

Yes, set the first trig with the condition 33%, then use PRE conditions on the three subsequent trigs. PRE conditional trigs fire if the previous conditional trig on the pattern fired.

4 Likes

Request: to have a note play every time EXCEPT the first loop, or second loop, or third loop etcā€¦

use the ā€œnot firstā€ trig condition, it is the one that says ā€œ1stā€ with a line on top

2 Likes

Thanks! Great feature :slight_smile:

Ill try that.

It doesnt read that way in the manual tho. So i never tried that one.

ā€œ 1ST is true the first time the pattern plays (when looped).
1ST (with line)is true when 1ST is false. A trig with this trig condition is always active apart from the first time the
pattern plays (when looped).ā€

ā€œto have a note play every time EXCEPT the first loopā€

ā€œA trig with this trig condition is always active apart from the first time the
pattern plays (when looped)ā€

these are the same

for loops besides 1st, you would need to sacrifice a trig before your intended note. set the earlier trig to 2:2 or 3:3 or 4:4 and plock only its volume to zero. the next ā€œnote trigā€ should be set to NOT-PRE (line-PRE)

edit: actually, I think I understand you now. sorry for the first half of my post. if you want it to skip ā€œevery first out of x loopsā€ rather than just skip only the very first time the sequencer loops, youā€™ll want to do what I described in the previous paragraph, but choose 1:x (1:2 or 1:3 or 1:4, etc) for the first silent trig.

2 Likes

You got it! :+1:t6:

Said trig plays loop each except for loop X

1 Like

@phaelam if you find yourself in a bind about ā€œsacrificingā€ the previous trig (e.g., you actually need some audible event to happen closely in time to the next event), remember that it can be any of the previous trigs in the loop (e.g., steps 1 through n-1 where n is the step number where this ā€œloop-skipping note trigā€ happens) as long as none of the following trigs has a conditional lock (besides the NOT-PRE trig). and you can also microtime the trig before the ā€œ1:xā€ trig so that it happens within microseconds of that trig.

hopefully that all makes sense in text.

Fuck yeah! It does take a very long time to set a lot of them.

1 Like

in general the amount of time it takes the p-lock multiple steps at the same time on the OT is quite a headache compared to the newer Elektron machines.

at this point, simultaneous p-locking across multiple simultaneously held trigs is my only feature wish for the octa, but I doubt weā€™ll see it. I havenā€™t even heard anyone else complain about this!

1 Like

Oh yaā€¦know about this way.

But, just making a request. Not hoping for, pushing for or demanding. Just wish list stuff. :slight_smile:
You know do 2:3 with a line on top indicating it plays on first loop, skips second, plays third :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder why they didnā€˜t just add another line to the trigger menu.
Having trig conditions accessible from the trigger menu would provide an easy overview of all conditional trigs on a page in relation to other trigs.
Also less finger acrobatics. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Hi all,
I use use probability trigs on the OT and utilise features such as a midi note playing the frequency of 4/4 only
Is there a way to invert this so it plays every time accept for 4/4 ?
E.g it plays the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd loop but on the 4th time does not?

1 Like

Sadly not, I asked for this on a feature request a while back.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a workaround if you use a silent trig with 4/4, and place a /PRE with your sample just after.
Not practical, but it works. It can be used to invert any TRC.

7 Likes

Ya Iā€™ve requested the same thing.
I hope it can happen :crossed_fingers:t6:

1 Like

ā€¦along with CC assignment for retrig rate and RETRIG MIDI OUTPUTšŸ¤žšŸæ

1 Like

Hey, Elektronauts! Iā€™m new here, can someone please explain me how to setup the fx p-lock probability while always triggering the sample, is this even possible in any convenient way? For example, I want to always hear the snare drum on the Step 5, I have a parameter lock with the reverb that is triggered only on that step, but I want it to be triggered only each second time while the snare drum sample is always triggered. I think I made it once somehow when I watched Thavius Beckā€™s tutorials, but Iā€™m not sure how, maybe I accidentally made it with the Neighbor machine or LFO, so I wonder if there are any Trig settings for that. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi, as far as I know you cannot set ā€˜conditionalā€™ trig conditions (eg. the probability of a parameter lock). A possible workaround could be to put in an additional microtimed trig in immediate proximity to the initial trig and work with a ā€˜not preā€™ condition.

3 Likes

I did [FUNC+TRIG 6], then p-locked the reverb to 0 and set the Trig Condition to 2:2 and it actually works now! Thank you so much!

7 Likes