OT TRig Conditions (TRC) thread

omfg

all is well with me and my Octa now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Same here !

1 Like

Iā€™m finding that when I conditional lock for a certain trig, say 4:4, the trig happens on the fourth time around like itā€™s supposed to but, then is playing every single time around after instead of not playing until the fourth time around. Tried it with various conditions and theyā€™re all doing the same thing. Also, doesnā€™t the trig blink when it has a condition locked? Mine is not blinking unless I parameter lock something else.

Cond. trigs working fine for me.

A trig only flashes (currently) when a parameter is locked, not a condition or TRIG COUNT, apparently.

1 Like

Iā€™m not concerned with the blinking part but, the conditional locks arenā€™t working correctly. 2:2 should only work the second time around every time, not the second time and then every single time around. I may try reloading the update.

MY FAULT, PLEASE IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST. I had the sample set to loop, duh. Conditional lock working perfectly. Thanks

4 Likes

@animystc - one for the facepalm thread? Might help others out, as this kind of thing is a common trip up.

Facepalm moments?

2 Likes

So this of course applies to all Elektron instruments with conditional trigs, but Iā€™ll share it here. This probably has been mentioned before, too, but itā€™s worth a bump in any case.

One type of very musically useful structure that we couldnā€™t pull off with Elektron sequencers before conditional trigs and without chaining patterns is:

1. variant A
  2. variant A
  3. variant A
  4. variant A
  5. variant A
  6. variant A
  7. variant B
  8. variant B

To make that within one pattern, you can set the trackā€™s pattern length to 32 steps (with master length at least 32), lay a trigless trig early in the pattern thatā€™s conditioned on 3:3, condition your ā€œAā€ trigs on NOT-PRE, and condition your ā€œBā€ trigs on PRE.

Besides being easier to manage and improvise on than chained patterns, a non-obvious benefit of this approach is that you contract and stretch this pattern structure, where A plays twice as many times as B, by changing the trigless trig to different valuesā€”e.g., 4:4 makes it 8 bars of A followed by 4 bars of B.

Hello! This is a long thread and I donā€™t know if someone asked before but is it possible to have trig conditions to remove beats? I have 4 on the floor going for 64 steps and I want to remove the last 4 beats on the 4/4 repitition.

I know how to add something so that it only plats on a specific beat in the 4th repitition but like I said I would like to remove the kick instead.

Thank you!

You can invert a TRC behavior with a /PRE preceded by a trigless trig with the condition you want to invert.

Ex :
Step 47 trigless with 4/4 TRC
Step 48 trig with /PRE

You can use microtiming, eventually /NEI if you want the trigless on another trackā€¦

3 Likes

This is a clever workaround, I do wish for a _ (not) option for A/B still though.

1 Like

Hmm I am quite new to the octatrack and I donā€™t fully understand. Now I am at work but will sit down with the octa when I get home and see if I can work it out. I will get back with results! But thanks!

/PRE is true when previous trig condition is not true, so it has an inverted behavior.

If you use a trigless as previous trig, it wonā€™t be played but it will determine /PRE inverted behavior.

3 Likes