OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

Possible with CUE. Send your tracks to CUE, record CUE, play it with a FLEX and you have your bus track.

7 Likes

Is there some sort of latency? You just have the flex tracks always recording and playing the cue at the same time?

Very short. You have to add +1/384 microtiming to the Flex trig.
Yes continuous CUE recording with a rec trig on any track recorder, and continuous play with any Flex machine playing corresponding recording buffer. Of course itā€™s easier to use a recorder and a Flex on the same track.

1 Like

Very cool. Iā€™m going to try this out. Thanks as always my OT guru.

1 Like

Global swing would be nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

?
That will adjust the main output levelā€¦

Not in swing page.

2 Likes

Has ā€œsave current crossfader position as new sceneā€ been requested often? Sometimes you find that perfect beat on there, but having a 1/128 chance of recreating it is kind of a bummerā€¦

6 Likes

It has been requested. Good idea but not easy to implement.

Workaround : you can recall that position very precisely with midi tracks, sending crossfader CC48 corresponding value with midi loopback. You can also recall any scene via midi.

If itā€™s THE perfect beat : resample it! :grinning:

4 Likes

I would love to have subfolders in sets. So my mounted set is /Set001/ and in that is my AUDIO folder and project folders. Iā€™d love to be able to have sub folders to organize projects by album work, remixes, fun stuff, etc. So like
/Set001/Remixes/NIN
/Set001/Remixes/Tripswitch
/Set001/Album2018/Song1
/Set001/Album2018/Song2

Itā€™d make it so much easier to organize!

Wouldnā€™t that be Banks?

Nope. Iā€™m talking totally separate projects. Banks are within the projects themselves.

I would like to use the two cue outputs as sends for external effects. Could be realized while OT is in studio mode by a very simple OT-FX.

steff
cheers

2 Likes

Lfo designer to crossfader mode :heart_eyes:

The lfo designer would let you draw the curve of the crossfader, and the lfo would send crossfader values to DEST parameterā€¦

2 Likes

Some type of functionality for the Crossfader in the MIDI section. Even if itā€™s just LFO DEPTH ā€¦ please. something.

The argument that it could ā€œoverload midiā€ doesnā€™t really work in my opinion if you look at how fast LFOs can swing on their own on the same wireā€¦ I doubt someone could ride the crossfader so fast to somehow manually perform that many operations to the point it would become problematic - or comparable to what 3 LFOs on 8 tracks currently could doā€¦

But letā€™s say there is a possibility you could go overboard with such a feature, then just add a limit of only one parameter per track to go from 0-127 left to right - so a max of 8 parallel value changes (cc)

Thatā€™s all i want. 0-127. please.

every time im writing i have so many ideas for a scene transition involving midi itā€™s disheartening this is missing.

1 Like

Some way to have a bigger screen , on a tablet or phone (probably not possible , but a nice dream)

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be great. I didnā€™t wait and use an external midi processor to map crossfaderā€™s CC48 to any midi message. Thereā€™s is one dedicated : @gugaā€™s Goliath.

3 Likes

Beautiful workaround :wink:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s an amazing idea. I did disable CC EXT on the OT because it was affecting my Digitone SYN settings - which is part of my daisy chain. So if i want to use this CC i need to filter it somehow to not go past that processor?