OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

not looking for “sounds like”
prefect that it does what’s asked.

but its not important. my shits robotic anyways.

1 Like

I hope Santa Claus is coming to Octa-town :santa:
This would be nice under the :christmas_tree:
:green_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle: :red_circle:
:wink:

5 Likes

Would it be possible to implement a new Trig Mode that would transpose the selected midi track’s notes according to the activated trig?

ie. if Trig 9 would be 0 transpose, Trig 10 would be +1 transpose, Trig 4 would be -5 transpose. Octave selection similar to the Chromatic Mode [FUNC + LEFT/RIGHT] would enable more scale to the transpose, of course.

I’m using a similar technique with my midi modded MC-202. The pads of the sequencer selected the transpose the incoming notes. C = 0 transpose, C# = +1 transpose, -C = -OCT transpose

Easy way of copy/paste samples as slices so that we don’t need to make a roundtrip by using computer-software to collate multiple files into a single sliced wav file.

I’d really love if there was a way in Studio Mode to route a track to a particular output in mono.

Obviously you could do this with Studio Mode, adjusting the Main and Cue Mix, and the Balance, but since it’s sort of possible, making it easier to do if you want to multi-track record from it would be a nice, and I assume low-CPU feature.

Haven’t gone through the entire thread to see if this has been mentioned but it would definitely make it easier to record.

2 Likes

Hard panning a track in OT and going mono into your daw or whatever you‘re recording to gives you a mono track recording.

Basic recording principle.

What‘s faster than hard panning a track?

3 Likes

Yes, but a Cue Balance parameter or Cue L/R assignment for each track would be great!
@hyperstationjr it has been mentioned for sure, maybe not in that thread after a quick search.

You can

1 Like

I guess with an midi controller keyboard and a midi processor we could use the transpose parameter on the arp page for transposition.

I should really get a midi processor…

1 Like

A what? :smile:
Yes!

1 Like

Yeah, I said as much, but hard panning only dictates which of the two outputs the sound is sent to, you still need to adjust Main/Cue levels in Studio mode to be able to use all four outputs to do four-track recording out. And you’d also need to adjust reverb I believe to be mono as well and change those settings.

It would just be easier if I knew what specific output a track was going to, all of the track, instead of having to juggle three or more different parameters.

What I’m suggesting is basically assigning a whole track (effects and all) to be forced out of one particular output, with a choice of Main L, Main R, Cue L, Cue R.

1 Like

If there was only one more feature implementation left for the OT. I would be deeply grateful for an option to disable the “soft thru” behavior for midi.
With this option one could have Local Keybed enabled and still record the midi, but the OT would not send the midi out in realtime, only once the midi notes had been recorded. Thus no midi loops, but much more flexibility.

As it is now I can’t use my BCR2000 to control my OT with any of the midi note parameters (only CC). If I for example want to use my BCR2000 to step through the tracks, It sends the midi notes to my other gear at the same time.

As I don’t know the insides of the octa, this might be a stupid request because not possible. Then just ignore

I would love a super studio mode where you could use the inputs as extra outputs. 4 stereo outs would be awesome

I’m not positive but I don’t think the hardware is interchangeable.

Not a new request by any means but I would love a the ability to switch to the mute behaviour of Digitone/Digitakt (no tails are cut off, fx keeps on running, just the midi triggers themselves are muted).
I saw the post a while ago about how the Octa is full (pretty much at least), from a storage and processing point of view so it’s hard to bring any more updates.
The behaviour I’m requesting can be somewhat simulated already by having a Scene, with the Amp set to 0 Vol, and switching that scene off and on, which mutes the sound pre-fx instead of post-fx. Would just be nice with a more convenient way to do that as the action itself seems possible within the hardware already.

It also would be very neat with an option of Tempo per Bank. : )

2 Likes

Not ideal but Arranger mutes don’t cut audio but mute trigs.

There is hope for that.

Happy new gear…

1 Like

Hi !
Refering to this topic (Elektron boxes : sequencing poly not so good?)
I think this may be a great upgrade to give user ability to play like strumming or add prgressive notes to chords without retrigering the precedent notes…
Here is the thread I created yesterday :angel:

1 Like

Naming midi CCs would be huge for me. also the ability to route LFO to multiple destinations could be cool even if it sacrificed another LFO. Like a “neighbor” LFO

7 Likes

After playing around with modular sequencers recently, I’d love if you could set the LFO and ARP speed to TRIG, so that it advances one step every time the track is triggered.

It would be similar to the HOLD function, but behave more predictably, and along with the LFO Designer you could crate some very complex moving patterns.

I think this could also work for other machines but the OT is what I’m most familiar with.

3 Likes

Oh I like this idea!

Can’t you do this with scale per track, and a track with different length? (a 15 steps track for example).