OT Feature Requests Thread (active)

I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding or not, but I mean having say a custom LFO with say 4 steps with values 10, 20, 30, 40.

If on the sequencer steps 1, 5, 9, and 13 are set to trigger, then the LFO would send out value 10 at step 1, vale 20 at step 5, value 30 at step 9, and so forth, and the LFO would only advance when a step is triggered.

1 Like

LFO to trig offset for humanisation would be nice

1 Like

Lately I have been using Rytm mkII for a lot of sampling, and obviously it is very quick to capture, trim and save being very similar to Digitakt sampling.

A long time ago (in a forum far far away :joy:) I asked for a quick threshold based sampling function on the OT, very similar to what ended up in DT/Rytm mkII.

I know that there isn’t much space left in OT for new features, but it would be great if there was a quick sampling feature just from in A/B with threshold, maybe in early boot menu so that it doesn’t interfere with the OS proper. Even if demo mode was removed to make room for it, nice and simple, sample, trim, name, save, next.

Also the file handling in Rytm/DT where files can be checked for loading en masse would be great on OT, constantly jumping around doing them on a single file basis is pretty tedious.

5 Likes

My OT pipe dreams:

• BPM per bank or pattern;
  • sequence mutes as the DT instead of track audio mutes that cut FX tails (option in personalize menu to to make [FUNC] + [TRACK] behave like this);
  • option to show parameter values instead of knob icons at all times.
2 Likes

Funnily, these 3 are possible with Arranger. :wink:
(Mutes disable trigs).

You can show parameters in any mode different from Track mode (default) : chromatic, slices, etc.

I’d like an update concerning 2 first points too !

It would be good if trig mode quick mute could be set to audio/trig in personalise menu.

4 Likes

Slide trigs are not available to the MIDI tracks - What!

Love my Elektron gear, but this is a big omission. Hopefully the kind guys and gals at Elektron R&D can fix this.

3 Likes

What are you trying to slide? Any possibility of using an LFO for whatever you need?

1 Like

I’ll have to look but I’m pretty sure you can do slides by abusing the arp. Maybe not perfect for your needs but back when I was obsessed with the Octatrack midi sequencer it seems I had a good workflow for this. I’ll have to take a look again this afternoon.

• Simple import MIDI note (ex. 4 voice max, no cc)
  • In MIDI mode, change pattern - change bank in external midi device (now you can use this in part only)
  • Change pattern - change sample (now you can use plocks or part only)
  • Volume knob to control main output
  • Mute channel in pre effect (ex. snare + reverb, mute only snare)
  • Delay + reverb on one channel (no hack)

In the slice menu hit a trig to place a slice like other pad samplers

2 Likes

Just got another OT after a year of being without. Found a few things I’d love to be able to change:

1. Muting tracks lets the tails fade out.
  2. Delay and Reverb on FX slot 1
  3. MIDI LFOs
  4. Saved Global settings for every new project - similar to a template. I want to be able to save my AUDIO setup (master/cue/etc), my pattern length per track, my recording bit rate and settings, etc. Right now, I have a template that I open every time and then save as new

Probably impossible for memory/processing power limitations.

What’s wrong with the three existing MIDI LFOs per track?

No time saving over using a template project!

1 Like

Good point on the processing.

MIDI LFOs. You’re right. I was thinking MIDI crossfader (although I remember hearing why that wouldn’t work, I just can’t remember what it was).

It does work well, I just sometimes forget to save it as a different project, so then I have to go through and meticulously delete everything.

midi machines. ability to save/recall the settings for a given external midi device. would store midi port number, CC’s, device name, LFO assignments, etc. stored within projects.

5 Likes

Being able to send program change and banks on any step! :loopy:
For now it’s a very bad implementation. :scream:

3 Likes

Oh this would be lovely.

CC for fill mode !

3 Likes

@KaOsphere There is a CC for One Shot arming, you can use them as fill. PM if interested in…

I’ve said these two before but I want to keep them fresh…

Fix dim “PAGE” light (maybe make it green??

Engage Fill by only holding FUNC and YES+FUNC like every other machine.