OT Banks transfer: I’m an happy idiot

I’ve been complaining over and over i could not change transfer a bank to another project and i was feeling out of despair to group songs i started before understanding the structure of the OT.
I was reading soooo complicated methods with .ot files and so on, i tried weird methods before giving up.

Today i saw this option Export to Set that made me think maybe the first idea of the OT file structure was not the one we know. Why would someone have a different set? Unless it really means a set? Then a project would be a song? That’s a side note to explain i was fed up to understand how it works and gave a try so it finally work.

So i did transfer a bank to another project in literally 3 min. No hassle. Easy peesy.
I can’t believe it was that easy. Maybe it is well documented but i never saw it here.

In case another desperate person sees this, don’t loose faith my friend.
Say you wanna copy bank 5 of Project A > bank 5 of Project B, just do as follows:

• in Proj A, copy part. Go to Proj B, paste the Part.
  • in Proj A, copy pattern. Go to Proj B, paste the pattern.
  • in Proj A note the names of samples used in each track.
  • in Proj A collect the samples.
  • in Proj B load the samples per track. They will point towards the folder of Project A, you just have to find the right name of sample and load it.
  • in Proj B, collect samples, so the links between tracks and samples stay within the project B.

In case of P-locked samples, you just have to watch the number in the slot list it points to and check in Project A the name corresponding in the slot list.

Such a relief, i’ll sleep definitely less idiot tonight… if i can sleep after so much excitement :wink:
Hope that helps.

12 Likes

Congrats, happy to see its possible!

A bank or pattern ? In your exemple, you mention a pattern copy, so I guess you mean you have to copy all patterns and parts if you want to copy the whole bank.

Good method if you want to copy a few patterns only, but if you want to copy a whole bank, you can simply copy and paste the source project bank, it contains all its patterns and parts. Just one file to copy/paste (replacing target project one).

(Doable in OT File Manager, simpler with a computer)

I’ll add you also have to save sample settings if you want to import them in another project, or another slot, otherwise you loose settings like slice grid.

3 Likes

Doesn’t it put a full mess considering the samples lists?

Not more, same as copying all patterns and parts individually.
Parts define sample slot allocations, and parts are stored with the bank files.

Samples slots list and settings are defined in project.work file, you can see it in a text editor, looks like this :

project settings

project.work (or project.strd)
############################

Project Settings

Blablabla…

Samples

[SAMPLE]
TYPE=FLEX
SLOT=001
PATH=…/AUDIO/ELEKTRON/percs.wav
TRIM_BARSx100=200
TSMODE=2
LOOPMODE=1
GAIN=48
TRIGQUANTIZATION=-1
[/SAMPLE]

[SAMPLE]
TYPE=FLEX
SLOT=002
PATH=…/AUDIO/ELEKTRON/rhodes.wav
TRIM_BARSx100=100
TSMODE=2
LOOPMODE=1
GAIN=48
TRIGQUANTIZATION=-1
[/SAMPLE]

[SAMPLE]
TYPE=FLEX
SLOT=129
PATH=
BPMx24=2880
TSMODE=2
LOOPMODE=0
GAIN=72
TRIGQUANTIZATION=-1
[/SAMPLE]

{Etc…}

So basically, if someone would develop a tool able to manipulate this project file it would help tremendously to transfer these damn banks across projects.

2 Likes