OS Upgrade: Digitakt 1.30

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! This is awesome.

Will my current projects be compatible with this update or will I need to finish them before taking the plunge?

Are there two LFOs per midi channel also?

Curious to see what the anti-ambient scene will do with this update.

2 Likes

Do the midi tracks also have two LFOs available or only the audio tracks?

1 Like

Only on audio tracks…

3 Likes

I haven’t installed it yet (scared of screwing up my current projects so gonna finish them first) but I read it like this - L and/or R inputs can be selected as a sidechain source, but if you select say ch1 (e.g. kick) as sidechain sources, the external inputs would be ‘ducked’ by the kick along with everything else because they’re routed through the effects, the compressor (presumably) and the output either way.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if this update makes the inputs available when used as audio interface?.
As discussed in “PSA: Digitakt inputs not routed to main in Class Compliant USB mode
The inputs seems to be summed at the usb output now. Right?. So you should be able to record them. I wonder/wish if they have their own usb inputs. This would make the Digitakt a “proper” interface for the iPad.

2 Likes

I bet there will be a new box too

1 Like

Maaan what an update, oh are these new features making the sweetspots in soundshaping muuuch wider for me!! Everything gets done so much quickerr

Plus the line in functionality is even freeing up two inputs on my external mixer, hnnnng… :dizzy_face: :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

This is for all people keep asking what’s next for Elektron.

New Firmwares and improvements this year and new machine in 2022?

2 Likes

And the price increase was before this update. This update makes the machine more valuable than it was just yesterday. They may not raise the price again, but the value has increased

3 Likes

This is so nice! The “Global Settings” for external mixer / effects is an amazing idea!

I would still LOVE to see something like “bank based kits” or something for the rest of the sounds (sort of kits but maybe each bank can be locked to use the same kit), would be the icing on the cake!

2 Likes

With all this added functionality the price increase is more than compensated :joy:. Digitakt is now by far the most value for the money Maschine in elektrons lineup

2 Likes

Holy. Moly. So many good things here, to highlight a couple

• the multimode filter - is ON TOP of the normal filter - so two filters per track!! No more bass mud!
  • Global FX. so you can keep a multi-pattern track in check

We wondered where they would add extra stuff - Elektron are like "Ah let’s just add a second page. " Still those blank squares on the trig page…

10 Likes

They should’ve just put some pixel art in that space.

6 Likes

Oh yeah !

1 Like

Update was smooth and simple for me - everything seems ok BUT I’m not using any external midi stuff…

The added range also necessitated a change in which incoming MIDI notes triggering what note on the device. Middle C is now triggered on note 60 instead of note 36.

1 Like

Even better, let us choose from various pixel art, like how you can choose what stickers go on your Models boxes.

2 Likes

Editable directly in the machine! :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

LFO > Pixel art with HDMI output release in 2.0

3 Likes

This is now possible, I just tested as it was implied but not explicitly mentioned. So Ext synth is LR input to Digitakt and is passed out of the Digitakt USB port as class compliant audio as part of the master stereo signal

7 Likes