OS 1.3 bug Thread

[https://soundcloud.com/no-carrier/no-carrier-analog-rytm-os-130-demo](http://Analog Rytm 1.30 demo)

In this demo, you can hear BD SILKY, SD NATURAL, BD PLASTIC, NOISE GEN (although I mostly used a self oscillating filter), HH BASIC and OH CLASSIC (not new I know).
Enjoy.

Thank you Elektron !

Check that you are loading the new vst plugs. In the Elektron overbridge installation folder there is correct copys that you can copy over to your vst folder. In Windows it is located under c:/windows/overbridge or simualar (I am not at my computer at the moment.) A friend had that problem with his upgrade. [/quote]

The overbridge installer installs to the default steinberg vst folder. All seems well in that regard. I even made a simple md5sum check of the files I already had and the newly installed ones. Perfect match. I will triple check, cause, you know Sā€¦ happens.

[/quote]
this looks different to the new overbridge layoutā€¦sure you got everything installed correctly?..looks like the old version.

iā€™m glad you got OB and your a4 working etc
but this is a OS 1.30 BUGS thread ā€¦ ie AR
share your joys/solutions/output on the right page and everyone can benefit from the lessons learned when searching afterwards :slight_smile:

same here!!! did you manage to fix this?

So what is the bug, that you only get left channel output?

quite possibly one of those ones which is sound dependent, iā€™m still not noticing anything in particular which would suggest itā€™s not a software type bug, something perhaps more along the lines of voice limits - happy to test/compare with simpler steps from scratch - i presume this isnā€™t something messed up through the compressor ?
edit: compressor surely[/quote]
if you switch machine on a track while a sound is sounding, some parameters will audibly slide to the new machineā€™s default values instead of switching immediatelyā€¦this is new in 1.30, at least havenā€™t noticed it before. maybe itā€™s related to this sliding behavior?

1 Like

What? no, no bug, the problem got solved, but the first message here said ā€œJUST KIDDING, NO BUGSā€. So I did not take this thread as the subject indicated.

I hear both channels correctly.

Ah ok, my headphones acted wierd. Seems ok now. Fun stuff!

Donā€™t know if itā€™s a bug or left like this on purpose but on some machines, the [FUNC] + knob twist doesnā€™t jump to the preset values it usually does.

For exemple on the CB Metallic machine, when adjusting the Decay knob while pressing [FUNC], it doesnā€™t work, but on the Tune knob it does.

Anyone else noticed this?

For the issue I mentioned earlier some more info, no compression used, and I noticed that if I set SYM fully CW the fault occurs, now if I remove the trig the fault still persists, definitely a bug IMHO. Also I calibrated the machine per the recommendation, right after installing the OS and leaving it on for 2 hours.

Here is a clip (excuse the built in mic, but you should be able to clearly hear it)

1 Like

Not a bug, but I agree, thereā€™s a lack of finesse in these aspects - it is something I hope is given a bit of love at some point, really really helps with live playing to have the ā€˜smartā€™ shortcuts
to be fair lots of param donā€™t have natural ā€˜snapā€™ points (like decay) - for these you press the encoder in to accelerate - there are no values to land on that are convenient - but I agree that the feature is underused, sadly

wow, seems so - very noticeable dropoff, hmm !
if you can simplify the process to replicate then if a soft bug itā€™ll be evident here too

edit: really cannot replicate this with all my experimenting, whilst I donā€™t doubt your observation, I just wonder if itā€™s indeed a calibration thing, quite why ? who knows !

some bugs are hard without the complete picture - like an A4 CV bug that required you to have poly on ?!? I couldnā€™t replicate, no wonder ! so there may be a setting here that needs to be on to trip it up - plus we now have filter env reset - but quite why that param would result in the glitch is a mystery if not a bug

I will try recalibrating tomorrow to see if it makes any difference.

Other info, the project has hardly any kits, samples or patterns saved, the pattern itself only has the 4 tracks in the clip, the only track with any p-locks is the pulse track (TR4)

If anyone wants to look I can send it as a sysex (pat+kit)

happy to do so Daren, you have my email I think anyway
fwiw - thereā€™s a few aspects to choke track pairs that I find inconsistent, so plocks on either can lead to odd things
ie a plock only trig on 4 over a full trig on 3 will play the sound on four - if like me you leave record on and tweak a param, it can be quite unsettling when track4 sounds replace track3 ones at this overlap - maybe itā€™s just the way it is

well, whatā€™ exactly isnā€™t working ?[/quote]
Huh? Microtiming! Holding a trig and shifting it via the arrow keys does not change the timing at all. Shows up on the screen like itā€™s working but thereā€™s no audible difference.

well, whatā€™ exactly isnā€™t working ?[/quote]
Huh? Microtiming! [/quote]
All good here ā€¦ !

<-snip- located the problem>

Encountered a strange behavior with the FM-range LFO.

Get an Impulse machine
Filter resonance so that you get this Tom like sound.
LFO
SPD : +48
MUL : .1k
FAD : 0
DST : FRQ
WAV : SIN
DEP : 31
MOD : FREE

Trigs : 4 on the floor.

The pb I see is with the fade behavior
With no fade I have a FM sound
When I go to FAD = +31 I have no FM sound anymore

The weird thing is when I go back to +1, I have no more FM
Once I go to FAD = 0 I have it back.
Same for you guys ?

Very normal : Your free mode LFO has not been re-trigged - it runs out when the fade out occurs - you need to trig LFO again !! (i.e. not Fre) or use the Track LFO re-trig on Trig page

1 Like

I seeā€¦ In my mind the fade out was a sort of envelope that was retrigged on every noteā€¦
Thx for clarifying this :slight_smile: