OS 1.3 bug Thread

I’ve had 2 complete system freezes with the new OS.

Power cycle recovered.

I wasn’t doing anything special. On the second occurrence, I was adjusting the filter cutoff frequency.

Hey, I have a problem with BD Plastic in the first track. The ‘typ’ switch doesnt do anything. It works on the 2-4 tracks ;/

Anyone had a similiar problem?

I had a freeze too. It had never happened before in my owning it from the beginning. And if i recall correctly i might have been adjusting the filter too.

I had a freeze too. It had never happened before in my owning it from the beginning. And if i recall correctly i might have been adjusting the filter too. [/quote]
I suggest raising a support ticket. I did and Elektron seemed quite surprised that it happened. More reports might encourage them to investigate.

1 Like

I had the same problem,
I had to do the calibrate routine one more time.
Make sure the Rytm as been running for 2 hours before calibrating.

I had a momentary digital buzzgrind sound when rapidly muting and unmuting certain pads (touching several fingers to pads, some of which were already mute, some weren’t, to alternate their state).

I expect it was the CPU just getting clogged rather than a bug.

My biggest gripe with RYTM 1.30 so far is that I now radically need to overhaul my samples folder … don’t need most of the metallic, noise or bassy synth bits anymore thanks to the new synths!

:smiley:

Exactly !
Same for Snare, that can now do regular punchy hit in the face as well as simple light jazz brush…

This OS is way better than the previous one, that was already amazing !

:kiss: ELEKTRON !

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i’d be surprised if that wasn’t tidied up after a calibration, give the machine a good 2-3hours idle time and then re-calibrate and investigate further - also, it might be a plan to start calibration from a clear kit, trust me, this should no longer make a difference, but it won’t do any harm either !

does anyone noticed the glitchy fx ?..while having long delays etc. and when entering the fx page, the delay glitches…also being in the fx page and switching from delay to reverb etc. …sounds funny but i think it shouldn’t do so…

ok figured out it only happens when clocking the rytm via the midiclock-usb

I had a similar issue when clocking the AR from overbridge and also accidentally via MIDI at the same time. It would glitch out whenever I pressed any of the voice page buttons - totally strange. I disabled the MIDI clock and it’s been working fine since. But this was on the last OS, so I don’t think this problem is specific to this OS

1 Like

The manual lists incorrect parameters for BD Plastic CC’s

I got a strange bug switching patterns. when the pattern is only one measure long it doesn’t switch to a different one. I have to stop the playback and start it again, then the rhythm plays the newly selected pattern. anybody else experiencing this?

I had the same problem,
I had to do the calibrate routine one more time.
Make sure the Rytm as been running for 2 hours before calibrating.[/quote]
It had been running for 2 and a half hours before I calibrated.
I’m not sure how the calibration mechanism would cause a lock-up…?

you may use func+page and set the chng value to something like 16-32-48-64 for even changes or as you like…but if you have length set to inf and no chng defined - it would loop forever

Got a weird one here that I can’t figure out. Maybe it’s a bug or just some feature I have no clue about?

My BD 1 track seems to be having strange behavior.

I can’t seem to turn the Perf light off. I don’t see any lit pads. I can’t get rid of the lit LED above Perf.

I’m on Track - BD 1. Seems after a while the Perf page sort of “auto-populates” with several of the pads lit up, as if I had programmed Perfs on them, which I have not.

I’m now starting from a new Project, new Kit, everything. Still happening.

After a while the BD 1 will also just go quiet and I can’t delete any Trigs. The track just seems to be frozen.

Seems a ghost is messing with my BD 1 track, that’s how strange it feels. Anybody seeing anything similar?

Getting worried my machine is f’ed. I just bought the dern thing. My 2nd Rytm after giving up on the one before. Ugh. Will submit a help ticket as well.

I’ve got a couple of freeze with my analog Rytm.
I wasn’t doing anything special really.
I had to reboot the machine.

do you have to do a Factory reset after upgrading?

i cant load my samples anymore (function-sound, sound browser, No +Drive Matches for SD / HH etc etc

Since 1.3 I’ve been having some strange performance lock problems, whenever I want to lock the destination of an LFO it stays locked in position for a bit before I can scroll through the options, thus screwing up the numbers and resulting in alternate destinations being selected.

Haven’t seen this come up before, not sure what the problem could be.

I’ve been trying for an hour or so to copy a bunch of trigs and they just won’t paste in the right manner. I’m about to give up for now. Could this be a little bug messing with me?

from memory i think it’s
copy once (hold many) > paste multi (hold one)
ie
you copy a bunch of trigs, the first one depressed becomes the marker for the solitary paste locator, this also includes gaps between copied trigs - if you hold many on paste, you basically do a multi paste and you’ll get a mess potentially

so to copy four, hold four and copy, then paste with just one trig held, it will do it from the first one pressed during copy phase

I’ll likely go and check this now : >

edit : pasting multiples of the copy was not performed, I think this is something I suggested to Elektron that would be nice, that’s why I thought(basically hoped) it would pan out that way

1 Like