OS 1.3 bug Thread

My problem with CY11 sorted itself out. I have literally no idea what happened

RS HD ? what?
which machine is loaded to which track?
ping filter? (read this twice already, cant remember what is going on)

edit:

impulse on RS ā€¦and CP on cp4 ā€¦ then sending the impulse to the delay and reverb and adjusting the SYM in the FX setup ā€¦ all fineā€¦ cp is getting quieter but not muted ā€¦ so yeah , I guess I verify

Iā€™m struggling to confidently spot what you may have been describing (especially wrt what was occurring on track 3), however, if the [Tr4impulse] is pinging happily on 1 and 9 and a RSHD[Tr3] is on 5 then i sorta heard a slight dip in the filter ping for 9 when the SYM was cranked over to the right - when there was no action on 3 and that param is varied, thereā€™s no internal midi issue for example thatā€™s messing the levels up - itā€™s all a bit tricksy to test, because the filter pings with varying perceived volumes if you only have track 4 cycling anyway ā€¦ itā€™s not jumping out as a buggy tendency so much as a voice thing from what i can see - whatā€™s the story at your end ?

LFO 1/0 ā€¦ does 0 mean on?

I am on CB 12 (nothing on CY11)
CB Metallic selected.

not -24
tun -64
dec 64
det 86 lev 100

no sample

atk dec sus rel
0 24 64 64

frq res typ env
127 0 lp2 0

amp a h d o
0 10 94 3

del rec pan vol
57 79 cen 110

LFO

spd mul fad dst
+21 4 0 11 (= decay time ā€¦ you may choose detune, so you hear it better)

wav sph mod dep
rand 80 fre +64

when I am in the TRIG menu on page 1, and I switch the LFO to 0, I can clearly hear the lfo effect. ā€¦when I turn LFO to 1 then I do not hear the LFO working anymoreā€¦

(same if I change the LFO destiniaton to detune)

thanks for all answers!

LFO in the TRIG page changes whether the LFO restarts on a trig.

0 = no retrig, or free running
1 = retrig

your LFO is slow enough that it only changes very slightly before it is restarted again when LFO is set to 1. If set to 0, the LFO will go on its merry way regardless of the trig

for the purposes of testing - keep an example painfully simple, build it from a clear sound using the minimum amount of steps to replicate
if you do it that way, youā€™ll actually help yourself see through it
now
the LFO can be set to restart as part of the Track (the toggle at 1 does this, 0 means free running or as per kit)
ā€¦
My take :
Clear track : Place two trigs 1 & 9
Clear sound
Disable the synth track toggle and lfo reset toggle on Trig page (samp on)
Load a Sine Wave C4 from the stock samples and loop it w volume up
LFO : Wav = Rnd Mul = 2 Dest = SampTune Depth = 12
you should have a very very typical s/h free running LFO type noodle
all good
NOW
Enable the LFO toggle on
what the f**k is happening there ???
That canā€™t be right - white noise !!!

^ Definite bug - reported !

Only affects Rnd wave (should only be 16x faster i.e. steps than a standard LFO cycle)

1 Like

thanks-ā€¦ restart, retrig I meanā€¦ did not know that!

Iā€™m struggling to confidently spot what you may have been describing (especially wrt what was occurring on track 3), however, if the [Tr4impulse] is pinging happily on 1 and 9 and a RSHD[Tr3] is on 5 then i sorta heard a slight dip in the filter ping for 9 when the SYM was cranked over to the right - when there was no action on 3 and that param is varied, thereā€™s no internal midi issue for example thatā€™s messing the levels up - itā€™s all a bit tricksy to test, because the filter pings with varying perceived volumes if you only have track 4 cycling anyway ā€¦ itā€™s not jumping out as a buggy tendency so much as a voice thing from what i can see - whatā€™s the story at your end ?[/quote]
I was posting on my ipad so due to forum posting issues* had to leave my post a bit scant, so I will elaborate a bit now Iā€™m on my computer.
Basically I had RS HD on TR3, just on trig 2 on a 1 bar pattern, on TR4 I had the impulse machine pinging the peak filter, a fairly busy pattern with around 8-10 trigs and some p-locking, with the LFO modulating the filter cutoff at audio rate (2k) and had a nice FM type sound going, when I adjusted the TR3 RS HD sym parameter fully CW the level on the TR4 dropped significantly. Prior to adjusting the RS sound TR4 was sounding as expected, and returning the RS sym to CCW restores the expected behaviour.
*Side note - Most of the time I give up posting.

1 Like

quite possibly one of those ones which is sound dependent, iā€™m still not noticing anything in particular which would suggest itā€™s not a software type bug, something perhaps more along the lines of voice limits - happy to test/compare with simpler steps from scratch - i presume this isnā€™t something messed up through the compressor ?
edit: compressor surely

What about your projects?

Are you sure you did a Calibration and not a +Drive Format?

It appears the issue was in something that got reset in Ableton.
1.30 for the win! Iā€™m back in action.

EDIT: I am NOT back in actionā€¦ Something is effed upā€¦ running tests like a mad scientist right now

Highly recommend doing the Calibration procedure after the update . . . . and 2 hours?!? Fixed some stuff for me.

Micro Timing is no longer working on my machine. Kinda lame, but not the end of the world.

Digginā€™ the new stuff.

Same thing here.

Same thing here.[/quote]
Renaming a project, the letters to the right of the cursor were blinking erratically but would stay steady on the letter I was currently editing as well as the left

Micro-timing is paramount for some people. Please report that to Elektron. It isnā€™t the end of the world but for some, it is essential to create certain beat effects.

Thanks a lot.

Micro-timing is paramount for some people. Please report that to Elektron. It isnā€™t the end of the world but for some, it is essential to create certain beat effects.

Thanks a lot.[/quote]
I am not seeing any issue with micro timing here. Works normally.

well, whatā€™ exactly isnā€™t working ?

Check that you are loading the new vst plugs. In the Elektron overbridge installation folder there is correct copys that you can copy over to your vst folder. In Windows it is located under c:/windows/overbridge or simualar (I am not at my computer at the moment.) A friend had that problem with his upgrade. [/quote]

The overbridge installer installs to the default steinberg vst folder. All seems well in that regard. I even made a simple md5sum check of the files I already had and the newly installed ones. Perfect match. I will triple check, cause, you know Sā€¦ happens.

Well, triple checkedā€¦ I only have one Analog Four.dll file in the entire system.

Details for the file, according to Windows File Propierties:

File version: 1.10.0.0
Product version: 1.10.0

Soā€¦ I am at a loss.

ā€¦ and now it all works.