Open Challenge #7 - Droning On

So is there an auto DQ for falling short or busting the 1 minute ?

Nope, not gonna worry about a few seconds here and there, the one minute is just to keep it manageable, that’s all.

3 Likes

Hi Marc, for what purposes you will use the drones?

Nefarious uses probably

2 Likes

It is just a bit of fun, an open competition for everyone who wishes to take part. At the end (deadline is March 31) all submissions will be put up for a public vote and the winner will invent and host the next competition as is custom with these things here. Other than that, hearing all the different approaches on the same simple theme / task is always inspirational.

6 Likes

Have fun!

I explained the spirit of such challenges in the first one, a year ago.
Check it if you want more background on this…

4 Likes

Nostromo synth in Reason , synchronus for rythmic effect

Nice challenge!

7 Likes

I’m already counting more than 30 participations, I think that both the subject and the format were very well chosen, @MarcD.
You might want to shorten the deadline a bit…
And contact me to setup the voting thread!! I think I can make your life easier :tongue:

4 Likes

Will do, cheers!

Agreed, crossed my mind as well.

1 Like

As @LyingDalai mentioned, most jumped in pretty early and lots of submissions already, so let’s set the NEW DEADLINE for MARCH 31 instead. That’s two more weeks for your one-minute drone. Seems plenty and no need to let this linger for another month. Cheers all for the submissions so far!

8 Likes

I think it would be awesome to download all of these. You could then put them in a player on shuffle with an automated cross fade and have endless drone of constant variation

7 Likes

Buchla Easel Command
first 5 minutes…

might be worth it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

For some reason my browser has decided to mute this thread without telling me.

Obviously I’m in.

7 Likes

Modular patch centered on the Morphagene. As if it’s not obvious…I’ve been on a serious Zoviet France kick this week.

14 Likes

Nice. Weirdly, I played Garista for the first time in several decades, pretty much at random as the LP appeared in a box of vinyl from storage. One of those albums that got me into making funny noises with housewares, wonky FX and a cassette recorder.

1 Like

Here’s one I just blasted out during a nice long naptime this afternoon.

Lyra 8, A4 and Quadraverb.

EDIT:

This one’s shit, I’m gonna post a new one.

17 Likes

Digitone + Valhalla VintageVerb

6 Likes

I hope you slept through it well.

1 Like

I find I make all my best work around naptime.

I reckon it’s the breast milk.

3 Likes

Digitone and a hint of Beers.

8 Likes