Open Challenge #7 - Droning On

MD sine waveform ring mod mods

17 Likes

Some awesome submissions here just had a listen them all, love it, shame it’s a one shot deal I feel like I could disappear down the rabbit hole doing this stuff…

5 Likes

Can I modulate an oscillator with a LFO? So a pitch change but not an arpeggio per se.

Here is one for the malfunctioning HVAC enthusiasts.

Lyra-8 with some help from Valhalla SuperMassive

8 Likes

Depends, pitch bendy wobble is fine, but a full bar of key shift isn’t. I hope that clears it up.

2 Likes

MyDrone.

17 Likes

EDITED to better meet the brief.

Just the Matriarch and me

Two oscillators in unison with one sync’d, one set a 3rd up, the last a 5th up feed the HPF/LPF in series before hitting the delay with sync and ping-pong. I used two LFOs and manually play the master clock, cut-off and mixer. The LFOs cycle the filter cut-off(s) and the two delay times.

I also did a run through with the same patch and a blatant portamento that sounded really nice.

12 Likes

Cool, you will have to pick one though, one submission per entrant, cheers.

4 Likes

Here’s mine, made with my 0-Coast, Strega and Analog Heat, with the Divkid 0chd providing a bunch of related LFOs to add movement. There’s a bit of Valhalla Supermassive added in the box.

9 Likes

Made with a Pulsar 23

14 Likes

[loud. delay feedback abuse. digitone.]

10 Likes

2x 0-Coasts, Valhalla SuperMassive, Process.Audio Sugar

Edit: I uploaded a different version from the same source files. This is my final submission :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Is it just me, or is one minute too short?

5 Likes

It’s incredibly short for a drone huh. This is a challenge for sure

1 Like

SEM>BIM>Specular Tempus

5 Likes

ye olde subtractive synthesiser

6 Likes

Well yeah, but it makes choosing a winner much easier :slight_smile:

And, if you splice them all together you’ll end up with
M e g a d r o n e

7 Likes

This, and I think a minute is enough to judge its uniqueness, originality, energy and attention keeping ability. Loads of great submissions do far, keep’m coming! :facepunch:

6 Likes

The challenge should have insisted on drones being submitted in the same key…

1 Like

Atonal FTW!

4 Likes