@ccr
“False Fog”

@HisMostDarxxxellent
“XSPA - XtraSnsryPrcptnAccrcy”

@LyingDalai
“Anhnd”

@qlamerand
“5x5”

Thanks to everyone who took part in this Open Battle. It’s been nice to watch and listen to all the entries.
As for the previous OB, the winner will have to come up with the brief for the next one: Open Battle #03!

Voting ends Friday 18th 22:00 CET

The entry of the host of the battle isn’t listed so that there won’t be two briefs in a row by the same person

Apparently setting polls is a moderators privilege, so here you go:

Vote here!

0 voters

And in case you missed it, here is Sir @guga’s own entry:

4 Likes

What’s the deal on submitters voting on this? Obvs we shouldn’t be voting for our own track, but can we vote for someone else? (it’s a tough choice, anyway, lots of quality here!)

I just voted for someone else. Presumed that was the deal?

2 Likes

yes, that’s allowed :smiley:

indeeeedz :laughing:

1 Like

Of course, everyone will see it when someone vote for themselves, so they’ll be shamed! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yes, votes are open to every Naut!

My vote goes for @korpinen: it’s impressive how the video goes along pretty well with your sound, it reveals pretty well the troubling emotion that the track alone already brings out ⇒ very well done dear!
And congratulations to everyone that managed to drop a track!

5 Likes

Tough choice! I voted for @spikysimon as it’s the most “buchlaesque” entry

3 Likes

@guga thanks for the title. It could even be 5x5x5 :slight_smile:
or “5 minutes late” :rofl:

1 Like

Honestly my vote could have gone to any of these tracks as the quality is so high and they are very varied, but I went with @dcsux’s entry- it set a very high bar early on

2 Likes

Went with the same approach as I very much agree @dcsux set the tone right from the get go. The level of talent on this forum blows me away time and time again. Well done, people! :heart:

3 Likes

I went @korpinen.
Great atmosphere and nicely complimented by the video.
Some really good efforts in here though. This was a great brief. Will definitely revisit 5/4 time again.

1 Like

Hey @qlamerand
I really liked yours! It was a refreshing uplift and brightened my morning.

2 Likes

I enjoyed all the entries and love the diversity between us all.

In the end I went with @LyingDalai
Some awesome sound design in there. I thought the track was interesting in its entirety. How did you make that awesome twisted sound? It’s the first sound and repeats throughout. It’s absolutely harrowing.

1 Like

I’m afraid this is a sample that comes from SOPHIE’s sound pack. It is the one that really fired my imagination.
I tweaked it a bit, melted it with some AR synthesis, filter and distorsion, and a delay with very short delay time.
I would have loved to have synthesized this, and now it makes me want to try!
The other screaming one at 0:11 comes from the same pack but it is more tweaked, with HP filter and distorsion. : I just love this sound pack, it takes the distorsion very well.
The rest is AR synthesis.

1 Like

I voted for @korpinen as well :slight_smile: huge fan of the timbres and vibe that you chose

Loved listening to the variety of entires :hearts:

My entry ended up being the last tune I recorded before lending a friend my MM2. Once again finding myself grateful for prompts like these to stretch my creativity and encourage a finalized product :pray:t3:

3 Likes

…just a little reminder: anyone can cast a vote, so get voting :smiley:

2 Likes

Voted. Great stuff all. Thanks @HisMostDarxxxellent for most anxiety-inducing watch :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Oops! I was going to apologise for the ending of the video. I made it ages ago. It’s rather graphic. But meh… it’s just Robocop I thought. It is fitting for me. Although the change wasn’t forced on me like Robocop, the challenge really made me level up. Making use of a 5 step sequence has been a game changer. It made me delve deeper into the RYTM and OT.

2 Likes

Wonder if we can crack 25 votes? :thinking:

2 Likes

≥6 additional votes could flip it all on its head

2 Likes