Model:Cycles only music

Been pretty hooked on the EssenceFM/OT combo for months now and barely touched my M:C or eurorack. Fired up the M:C finally yesterday. Such an awesome little box!

10 Likes

funky loop test

9 Likes

Nice work!

1 Like

Hi all,

I just got into making electronic music at all using the Model:Cycles and I am enjoying it a lot. This short track/pattern is the the first one that I personally really like and I want to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvuW3QJEmG4

5 Likes

Nice jam dude :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

I made this week a track (well some ideas for a track) for this Open Battle #02: “Buchlaed” - VOTING .
I used only the Model:Cycles, and maximum five tracks of it. Here it is :

6 Likes

bought my cycles about 2 months ago. still very much learning, this is my first elektron product and I’m blown away by the depth of it.

I’ve been really into the warp records back catalogue (early 90’s IDM) (also love BoC) and I think that’s pretty apparent on these tracks.

the effects sends on this thing are so cool for percussion, I am obsessed.

thanks for listening, would love any feedback at all.

thanks for being such a cool community! this board is awesome.

12 Likes

Claude Debussy - Clair de Lune

https://youtu.be/Qya681tVFXc

entirely programmed on m:c, dawless

5 Likes

@steinmeister That’s lovely, and reminds me to get off my butt and learn sheet music better.

Also, I’d definitely recommend a Keystep or some MIDI controller if you can. Makes entering notes even on a step-by-step basis much easier. I’m in progress of settling on a good setup for my MC, DN and a Keystep 37. The few covers I did before using a controller were really tedious for me.

thank you for listening!

i do have keystep, but to my knowledge it’s not possible to enter trigs in step sequencer mode using midi controller. am i missing something?

1 Like

In grid record mode, you can hold the step you want to edit just like making a parameter lock, and press the key on your MIDI keyboard you want to play on that step. It even takes velocity into account.
Way less rolling that blue knob around!

5 Likes

More 100% Model:Cycles dub reggae!

15 Likes

i figured out that midi channel on the keystep was not set correctly…
it’s useful to read the manual :grinning:
thank for your arvice!

2 Likes

Today is Juneteenth - if you don’t know the history, consider reading up on it. This is a composition from about a year ago, the very first complete thing I ever put together on the Model:Cycles.

12 Likes

Hi!
Pairing the Model:Cycles and the TT-78 for a semi improvised jam I quickly put together, with a “drunk” kind of pad.
Combining an analog drum machine with the beauty of FM synthesis is something that is just too much fun.
I hope you’ll like it!

14 Likes

Pyotr Tchaikovsky - The seasons op.37a, October (Autumn song).

once again just m:c, dawless
https://youtu.be/YlQeUAwI7mk

6 Likes

Nice !

1 Like

Just a little pattern

Recorded via Renoise

7 Likes

Cycles with Keystep 37

10 Likes

Yeow! Rad. What did you do at ~0:33 on the keystep that double timed it? Or?