OP-1 field

Installed the new bugfix update yesterday, last night did a little pattern with endless and had it looping. Tried to adjust the swing parameter and couldn’t get it to work, it looks like swing is missing from endless?! I had to go to dinner so didn’t get another chance to try but will today.

1 Like

could you share a few patches? I’m very curious!

Yep, swing/shuffle is gone from Endless :frowning: I use that all the time. Hopefully a temporary bug that they fix…

Damn, now I’m glad I didn’t have the time to install the new update yet. I’m sure they’ll fix it in the next one.

Sure, but I probably won’t get around to do it until after christmas. However, I think creating patches like that is half the fun so I also urge you to just try it yourself. I’ve also made lots of patches by sampling my voice and layering that with the internal engines using the tape and dropping it all into the synth sampler. Good fun!

THERE IS NO BUG.
Someone on the OP-1 Forums told me shuffle in endless only works on 1/8 or 1/16th notes. I was on 1/8T.
Feel like a big idiot now, have already submitted bug report to TE :grin:

2 Likes

Weird bug: I exported 4 audio tracks from Daw (Ableton converted to 32 bits in Audacity) to OP-1 field, the audio works perfectly but the loops are invisible in the tape. Not very practical for further editing…

2 Likes

On a normal tape, record a few sections - then look at the file system. I think there is a json file, a text file, which contains start and end points for audio. I think. So maybe you need to lunch in some simple values to represent audio on the track? Have not investigated myself.

1 Like

it never occurred to me that the tape loop points would be retained in the 4 export audio tracks, but sure would be a nice feature if they were.

1 Like

Didn’t think about it thanks! I found a workaround by recording a note set at 0 db with sampler engine and then waiting for the track to finish. Then the daw recorded sections appear and are editable (copy paste etc)

1 Like

If you set Ableton to the same bpm, loops will all line up to beat, so it’s easy to slice them

Edit: there may be a tool coming that does exactly this!

1 Like

Yes but my purpose was the opposite (from Ableton to OP-1 tape)

New TE soundpack for op-1 field:
https://teenage.engineering/downloads/op-1/sound-packs

7 Likes

I assume these are synth or sampler presets? I downloaded the folder but there is no specific indication.

So here is the output:

Very fun combination (didn’t push it a lot but still efficient)

5 Likes

One of the things I love to do with the Field is to bring it out very early in the morning, when the city’s mostly sleeping, and record ambience from the surroundings where I live. There’s a special kind of echo and resonance when it’s dark, quiet, still, almost no one out and about yet. The very few who’s left their homes, they have a different pace - slower, with intent, blending in with the shadows, cutting through the occasional street light with their shapes. The water and the birds, the wind and the air … it just all sounds so different.

25 Likes

Nice shot! When do you plan to release your review? Can’t wait to watch it

2 Likes

You can’t expect proper documentation and instructions from TE, it’s not like it’s a Rephazer sound pack :slight_smile:

Anyway they are all (instrument) sampler presets, just just drop the aeoner folder into the synth folder, so it’s along side all the other folders.

Actually a really nice collection of sounds I think. A late 80’s early 90’s digital synth sort of vibe to a lot of them. Evolving synth pad type sounds and so on.

2 Likes

It’s been ready to go for about a month, since the firmware update. CDM’s got a full backlog of not yet published stories, so I’m not sure when. But last time we talked about it (beginning this week), it seems like they were going for some time before the end of the year.

But who knows? :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh, actually, at the risk of cross posting, I figure it’s relevant here, too. I made an album with the OP-1 Field only. I figure it’s easier to link to that post rather than repeating the message in this thread as well, so you can read about the process and stuff in its appropriate place -

5 Likes