OP-1 field

Cool! Let us know :grinning:

1 Like

Did you use an AI voice-over (text to speech) kinda thing? I always prefer real voices - in case Iā€™m right :wink:
Nice video though and thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

nope. thatā€™s a human voice.

Wow. You donā€™t seem to breathe at allā€¦ That made me believe itā€™s an AI

Please donā€™t take it too much seriously as I am doing it just for fun.
zxcvbn is a very powerful tracker for Norns, with 10 tracks. Each track can sequence a sampler, multiple synths engines, midi, crow and a lot more. You use a computer keyboard with it and itā€™s really fun.
The original Monome Norns are battery powered, but mine is a Fates (a DIY Norns) with no batteries. So these 2 together are a wonderful portable setup, like a beautiful OP-1 field!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s weird. The price has gone up.

Iā€™ll delete the post.

So after selling a shit ton of gear to get an OP-1 Field, I ended up returning it because I had a lot of buyers remorse, although I loved it because of all the new featuresā€¦ especially the new font :))))))

Like seriouslyā€¦ the new 32bit stereo engine and reverb are worth the money alone.

But I found a new, mint condition OP-1 Field today for EUR1000 and I just couldnā€™t pass it, although I wasnā€™t necessarily looking for one.

So yeah, itā€™s good to be back in the gang :))

11 Likes

Who was crazy enough to sell it for 50% of the price?

4 Likes

A tip: I did not know this till today, but if you hold shift while the sequencer is engaged, you can preview sounds without the sequencer being engaged.

3 Likes

Purchased all of @rephazerā€™s soundpacks for the OP-1 Field a few days ago and, like others, I am truly blown away at how great they sound. The warm, lush patches sound killer in stereo and it really highlights the gearā€™s strengths. Have been sequencing it with my Octatrack and using the Volante via Cue output, and it has been ambient heaven.

Other things I love about the OP-1 Field so far:

• The Dimension engine is just stellar. It sounds almost analog.

• The screen looks night-and-day crisper.

• USB-C is just so much less fiddly and feels solid.

• The Mother Reverb sounds fabulous on almost everything, and is such an improvement over the older reverb (which was a big reason I sold my OG-1).

4 Likes

Back at you! Itā€™s a great setup. Though Iā€™m putting the Field thru the IPad.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t heard any demos of the OP-1 Field I liked until I heard this one. I donā€™t know if whoever created this video is a member of this forum, but itā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve heard made on the OP-1 Field so far imo.

4 Likes

Absolutely amazing patches! Bought them and the modulation and the only question I have is- the volume seems really low on them. Lower than stock patches. Any idea if thatā€™s normal? Iā€™m only talking about when I play them through the op1f speaker, not aux out or anything.

1 Like

I noticed the same, so I stopped buying after the first pack.

you can easily up the volume in the sample itself, which works fine

I tried that and it wasnā€™t really helping, but maybe I was doing it wrong!

Nice! Yes I think both ways can be great

Donā€™t know if discussed before, but wouldnā€™t it be nice if every synth and drumsound had itā€™s own channel 1-8 and 9-16? Imagine the possibilities.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and heads up! Very much appreciated and I am happy to read you are enjoying these sounds :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the support. My patches are indeed lower in volume compared to the (normalised) stock sounds.

I left quite some headroom, since there are so many ways on the OP-1 you can gain stage stuff and also because the different tape models react quite heavily on gain changes.

If you want the synth patches louder you can change the sample volume to +24. If that isnā€™t enough you can press shift on the envelope (2) menu and double the patch volume from 50 to 100.

Sorry man, I didnā€™t expect that this would be such a show stopper, but thanks for letting me know.

If I ever find a way to normalise all created samples without destroying the OP-1 meta aif data Iā€™ll update all my sound packs and will notify all supporters.

Meanwhile, please check the above options regarding gain staging as you know there are a lot of ways for that on the OP-1 :wink:

7 Likes

That would be crazy

1 Like