Circuitghost - New EP - With the Fall

So here’s another one from me, a new EP made entirely with the OP-1 Field, patches from @rephazer and processing through Chase Bliss gear. Mixing and mastering was done on a TX-6. And that was it.

I wasn’t really planning on releasing this, but as the seasons turned and the collection of various recordings through my explorations with the OP-1 Field grew, there was some coherence in there which I wanted to assemble into something more. This is the result.

All ambient recordings were made with the Field, and in a way, for me, that’s the most evocative part since I’ve picked up ambience here which just wouldn’t be possible a couple of years ago. Migration birds still circling our skies in October, the first snow in early November but gone the next day, a strange echo from the river that freezes and thaws in the same week.

Anyway -

28 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

Interesting process (dangerous for Gassing on TE products). I can’t wait to put my ears on duty. I’ll report back. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

@Tchu I went for this approach mainly because of convenience, but having said that, the quality of these kits are top notch. They deliver on their promise and then some.

3 Likes

Beautiful tracks. Sounds like the Gen Loss MKII possibly?

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: yep, here and there, but not as much as it may sound like. The Field is actually quite capable of sounding like a dirty old tape all on its own. But the opening track, as well as the third one, they’re very much Gen Loss MKII tracks for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful!
Your music always sounds so ‘real life’ to me and feels somewhat like a daily musical diary in the best way possible.

I am really honoured that I could contribute to that with some sounds :slight_smile:
Keep it up mate!

2 Likes

Blissful, multidimensional, ethereally grounded, colourful, balanced, detailed, precise.

Wonderful pieces! Beautiful Sounds and Textures! I got carried away.

Thank you @circuitghost for sharing your music! Listened twice already. :pray:

Will purchase.

2 Likes

Thank you @rephazer that’s a very nice thing to say, I really appreciate it.

And likewise @Tchu I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. I love your work as well, so it means a lot to me that I managed to reach out to you this way.

this is great!.. i must say im quiet suprised at your shift towards TE products. i know you have been such a staunch advocate for Blackbox.

Never the less the output is still beautiful!

1 Like

Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say :slight_smile: well, my blackbox is currently broken so I’m left with what I got for the moment. I don’t see myself abandoning the blackbox, as a song writing tool it remains superior. I mean, the 16 sample slots are essentially 16 tape tracks if you translate that into OP-1 Field language and with the new firmware update, the blackbox just became stronger in the area of song writing and composing.

But I can totally see the Field being a vital component in this workflow moving forward, the source for most of my recordings and sessions, and the blackbox being the sampler to capture all these things, structure them and build songs from them. Essentially like I’ve always done, but the Field replacing all my external gear except the Chase Bliss stuff.

1 Like

Yes I can totally see that as a great workflow… I think the OP-1 really excels at capturing snippets, it’s so easy to record a take on it.

I’m currently trying it with the SP-404 MK2 and the combo is great, I can see it being use together as you described the BB workflow.

2 Likes

beautiful stuff. really enjoying these sounds & textures…

1 Like

Thank you :pray:

Bandcamp Friday bump :tada:

2 Likes

Ah missed this thread somehow…
Added to my listening to do list

2 Likes

@jemmons @Unifono you guys :heartpulse: it’s gestures like that, makes me believe in mankind’s hope for the future.

Thank you :pray:

2 Likes

Yep. I have my tab ready to buy this great release.

Edit : done.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :slight_smile: your support is greatly appreciated :pray:

1 Like