OP-1 field

glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks!

Had a go at sampling the OP-1f into the latest update of Drambo yesterday and thought Iā€™d share here:

You can grab the project file from the YouTube description if you like the sound of the piece.

Drums are provided by PlayBeat3 with OP-1f accompanying percussion and grit elements. All other sounds are OP-1f synths captured in FlexiSampler in Drambo.

4 Likes

We are talking sampling from the drum to the synth. The only way I found it works is to sample to the tape then sample into the Synth. They save in different locations. Unless someone has a video on that. Itā€™s all good though. I found a workflow that allows me to use the iPhone or IPad as a rack module with AUM. Itā€™s a beast of a workflow. I can run Bluetooth with it and record back into the OP-1 Field to tape.

1 Like

Try it,
push a key(on the keyboard)
push lift.
Change to a sampler slot.
Push drop.
Voila now you have one drum sound that you can play chromatically .
You only need tape when you want to sample more sounds at once.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to hear more about that.

1 Like

Will do. Thank you. Can you save it in the snapshots for later use?

Iā€™m gonna do a YouTube video on it.

3 Likes

I tried it and it doesnā€™t seem to work. I am in a drum spot. I press the keyā€¦.hit liftā€¦.go to synth sampler and press drop and it doesnā€™t do anything. Are you saying this works on the OP-1 Field?

I think you saying sample from the drum slot and drop it back into the drum sampler. The idea for me is to get it into the synth sampler. Maybe Iā€™m confused. Lol

1 Like

It works. I did a quick Ā« tutorial Ā». Hope this helps. First reel on my account (canā€™t share the direct link donā€™t know why):

https://instagram.com/vague_versatile?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Sorry I was obliged to post it on IG as the file was too big for elektronauts

3 Likes

Ok thank you. So it copies the whole thing. Maybe thatā€™s why I was confused. Then you have to adjust it. Thatā€™s cool.

My only issue with that is you gotta hunt the one note down and make sure itā€™s middle C. Otherwise it could get confusing. I wish it only sampled that one note. Well at least itā€™s and option.

Thank you again for showing it.

1 Like

You are welcome. Yes it copies the full sequence, but after if you want another note than C as rootnote like a G for instance you can still chop it and then make it a C with the tune parameter (shift + brown in sampler)

1 Like

True.

1 Like

If you only want one drumsound into the synthsampler. First select a sound ( push for example the C key,before the lift drop. You only get more drumsound when you donā€™t push pianokey before you lift drop.

1 Like

Did someone manage to use iPad patterning 2 synced with OP-1 field or not? I want to try it out but feel lazy if it does not work

Itā€™s Midi so it should work :slight_smile:

Yes but if I remember well, Patterning 2 only sync with Ableton Link? Maybe not. Ok I will try it out

:wink:

2 Likes

Ok perfect. Never used enough this app while it is very powerful. Can be fun with the field

You may also be able to use Patterning to sequence the OP-1ā€™s drums and record them to tape.

2 Likes