Octatrack Sample Manager

I would like to do some Beta Testing.

Cool! Looks like have a Japanese and German translator and a couple of Beta testers :joy:

Copy/paste from another forum about same topicā€¦

• Import of Octatrack Project files
  • Export of Octatrack Project files
  • Ability to manage up to 10 Octatrack Projects simultaneously (Thinking about extending this to 2x sets, with 10 projects each)
  • Cut/Copy/Paste between Octatrack Projects
  • Audio Pool management (including Add new, Remove old, Purge samples etc)
  • Sample preview (Auto / Loop modes) for both Audio Pool and Project views.
  • Other stuff and thingsā€¦

a) Have included a couple of settings for audio preview from either the Project or the Audio Pool (On Select, Auto Play and Loop modes)

b) Yes, simple right-click and ā€œEdit Nameā€ or be in ā€œEdit Modeā€ for bulk renaming purposes.

That is the plan to allow consolidation of samples between projects within a single Set; though I am toying with the idea of expanding it to cover 2 Sets concurrently.

Yes. Has Cut/Copy/Paste modes, import from Audio Pool; import from disk to Project and/or Audio Pool etc.

Autonaming I have not looked at; as easier to allow Windows to handle that automatically.

Has access to:

• Type
  • Slot
  • Name
  • Length
  • Timestretch Mode
  • Loop Mode
  • Gain
  • Trigger Quantise

Havenā€™t tested it at all. Development machine is a Win7 box; though I do have the ability to test in 98/XP/2003 etcā€¦ but low priority really.

Mac OSX version may happen at some pointā€¦ but at this point is not high on the development pipeline.

1 Like

Nice one, exciting news, I would be up for some testing asweel and paying a fair price for this tool.

IĀ“m on Windows 7 and if you need to, I would be happy to make Spanish Translation :wink:

Cheers!

os x

os x

Well thatā€™s interestingā€¦!
Thatā€™s not attached to the audio file is it?
Soā€¦do you have ways of setting up/working with tracks, parts, + banks then, yeah? (scenes too?)
Personally, I have no problem with sample management, itā€™s scenes/parts, with lots of back + forth copying, along with trying to keep track of whatā€™s in my banksā€¦ and where they are!
A feature that might be useful is metadata for banks, so instead of say g10 you could give a descriptive name, at least while using the software. :wink: Could be helpful when piecing a new project together out of old ones. Itā€™d be useful for scenes too which are even harder to keep track of.
I hope some of the sound/kit/tagging features get back ported from the analog4 eventuallyā€¦along with multi-trig copy!

1 Like

iā€™m imagining the need for the above will become all too obvious soon when i get my hands on an OT to partner my A4 - so in the meantime iā€™m not following the demand or whatā€™s being offered - however, i can see a gap for mac users that i may be inclined to try to fill, not to meet the broader demand per se, but my own, thereafter it may be something i can offer - but if i canā€™t foresee the things perceived as missing i canā€™t begin to imagine if itā€™d something i can tackle - so whatā€™s lacking, in simple terms from the OT workflow, so that an OT virgin can follow ? my hunch is that itā€™s beyond the tools at my disposal, but iā€™m curious

hello OT lovers, hello Rusty!

long time waitedā€¦i would be glad to pay my part for the app on win 7.
beta testing possible,too.
great job!
so rusty feel free to contact me
greets from berlin

OS X

Any additonal comments on what you would like to see?

Iā€™ve gone down a certain path, which may or may not be right, hence fishing for thoughts from peopleā€¦

Also, there is certain things that I can do, and certain things that I canā€™t doā€¦ well, I probably can but the ROI just doesnā€™t exist for it; my time is better spent on commercial/business venturesā€¦

I will need to get in touch with someone at Elektron to discuss some stuff with them very soonā€¦

1 Like

Happy to test on OSX

Now iā€™m also interested, too.
Of course OSX, but if this needs much more time i will put Windoof on the computer.

There is a fair number of people who would like an OSX version.

I do have a Mac, and XCode; so I can look at porting acrosss; but given that the IDE is Visual Studio; it isnā€™t exactly a copy/paste job.

Realistically, and to manage expectations, v1 will most likely probably be Windows only; I can then look at OSX for v2; though not promised at this point in time.

How hard is it / how much mucking around to get Windows on a Mac?

1 Like

YES PLEASE. OSX . Depending on ease of use ,would pay $10-15

I do have a Mac, and XCode; so I can look at porting acrosss; but given that the IDE is Visual Studio; it isnā€™t exactly a copy/paste job.

Realistically, and to manage expectations, v1 will most likely probably be Windows only; I can then look at OSX for v2; though not promised at this point in time.

[/quote]
Itā€™s pretty easy with Boot Camp Assistant. Just need some free disk space for the partition and a copy of windows. You may also need youā€™re original OSX install disc (think thatā€™s where the boot camp drivers are) or a bootable USB of OSX. Havenā€™t done this in a long while myself but pretty straight forward as far as I can remember

Boot Camp Assistant should be in your Utilities folder.

1 Like

[/quote]
Dear Rusty,

thank you for the last information.
It is no problem for me. I can live in two worlds.

[/quote]
Itā€™s pretty easy with Boot Camp Assistant. Just need some free disk space for the partition and a copy of windows. You may also need youā€™re original OSX install disc (think thatā€™s where the boot camp drivers are) or a bootable USB of OSX. Havenā€™t done this in a long while myself but pretty straight forward as far as I can remember

Boot Camp Assistant should be in your Utilities folder. [/quote]
Yes of course. It is more then easy. I do it many times.
Click, click, click, Enter finish :wink:

Hereā€™s a bump for this project! Any interesting progress as of late?

Dear Rusty i will marry you when you make it for OS X possibleā€¦and of course i will pay some bucksā€¦please :slight_smile:

Os x. Would pay $.