Octatrack Sample Manager

Octatrack Sample Manager

As per title. Who would like an Octatrack Sample Manager?

It would assist with the ability manage / manipulate project files, sample slots, locations rah de rah

• Would you use it?
  • What format would you like? (Windows? OSX? Standalone? Excel/VBA? All of the above?)
  • What would you like to see?
  • Would you pay for it?

:alien:

1 Like

Yep - all of the above for OSX.

Yes
Excel
Merge Projects
A little (~$10)

Yes
OSX
Assign/rename samples, drag´n´drop samples/sceens, rearranging pattern order, merge projects.
money!

Yes
Window
Quikly assign samples to Flex & Static slots using the computer’s mouse.
Yes

OSX and interested here. :slight_smile:

I’d like to see what samples are in use and which ones are safe to delete on a windows machine. And maybe reorganise samples in folders without breaking projects

1 Like

The newest OS has two function which enable most of what you are looking for.
Collect Samples - copies all sample files that are used from the pool into the project folder
and
Purge Samples- deletes all samples from a static/flex slot that are not used in the project

To manage expectations…

Whilst I can code in multiple languages; I am much more a Windows guy then a OSX guy; so the approach would be to develop the Windows version first; then port to OSX.

Two advantages of a Excel/VBA route are:

a) cross-platform (with the right Excel version)
b) Very easy to bulk maipulate samples / drag and drop.

“b” becomes tricky regardless of platform; as there is still X number of clicks you need to do to perform an operation standalone.

Should all be doable.

The tricky part here is the file format / logic / encryption that Elektron utilises… I might need to have a discussion with them about that; but they may not want to share with me for the obvious IP reasons.

Easy… I also have another very random thought as well :imp:

As mentioned; there is facilties in the latest OS for this; but I could probably do this as well.

1 Like

Easy… I also have another very random thought as well

:HAPPY SMILEY:

OS X
If it contain the possibility to easily create and edit sample chains I would pay money for it.
Gladly
:slight_smile:

Collect Samples - copies all sample files that are used from the pool into the project folder
and
Purge Samples- deletes all samples from a static/flex slot that are not used in the project[/quote]
Yes but doesn’t that create copies of all used files and puts them in a project folder? I re-use files alot, as I made alot of 64x slice samples. It would be a waste of space to have all those duplicate files. And purge does not delete any files, just removing them from the slots.

and
Purge Samples- deletes all samples from a static/flex slot that are not used in the project[/quote]
Yes but doesn’t that create copies of all used files and puts them in a project folder? I re-use files alot, as I made alot of 64x slice samples. It would be a waste of space to have all those duplicate files. And purge does not delete any files, just removing them from the slots.[/quote]
Correct.

I would happily open my wallet for a way to conveniently exchange banks between projects. This really is the only thing that makes me sometimes hate my Octatracks and limit my creativity, I don’t see myself needing any further sample management features.
Windows OS.

I would pay for a way to merge projects as well - really need that. Hell, i would even install windows on my mac if that’s what it takes :astonished:

Update: I’m currently doing a bit of project scope / looking at options… I have a few ideas, so am reviewing the options, complexibility, feasibility etc.

1 Like

This :slight_smile:

Mac OSX.

Ok, between here and the other place; appears to be 30 people interested; one guinea pig; and a split of 15 Windows; 7 OSX, 1 Rebel and 7 no comments…

1 Like

A sample manager would be immensley useful. Ive only ahd my OT a few weeks and allready the flash card is a big pile of messy mess mess.

OSX for the win

Have had my OT for quite some time, not enough time to play around with it. Less to sort things out on that CF. So this would be interesting.

Win XP. Perhaps win 7 soon, me and computer doesn´t always go well…

/Mike