Octatrack Sample Manager

• 1 OSX. Happy to pay a fair price.

yes yes and yes and osx

Another vote for OSX.

Although personally, if I had to choose between this and Midi scenesā€¦ My head would probably explode. Midi scenes seem like a no brainer and not too difficult to implement given the current config and how scenes can already control other parametersā€¦

Theres two of the lovely little buggers!

That (lack of midi scenes) also does my head in as well, especially seeing it would not be that hard to implement; but I stress about it a little less now as I have already got the midi scene conundrum sorted out as wellā€¦ :alien:

I can lend a hand with an Excel/VBA version if you want/need.

Oh yes Please do this ā€¦i will pay a fair price for this and i am on OS X

Oh yes please do thisā€¦I will pay a fair price for thisā€¦im on OS X

ā€¦care to share how youā€™ve done that ? thanks.

Yes please, will pay a fair price and I am on OS X

Gladly pay for it. My compact flash is one gigantic mess of projects, sets and samples.
On OSX.

Update:

Iā€™ve spent a chunk more time on the Octatrack Sample Manager (Actually I rebuilt it all from scrach) ; and Iā€™m getting close to the first Beta build, so now would be a good time for a shout out.

a) Beta Testers

Any volunteers to be a guinea pig?

Shouldnā€™t fuck your Octatrack (testing on two of them) but all care, no responsibilityā€¦

b) Project Files

Fancy sending me some off your project files? (No Audio samples)

The more permutations, and more different files that I can test on, the betterā€¦

c) FAQā€™s

Got questions, ask them.

Iā€™ll either be able to give an answer, or port that over as a feature request, or slide into the development pipeline.

To get the FAQ startedā€¦

1) Supported platforms?

• Windows only (Win7 only tested) at the moment.

• Donā€™t hold your breath on an OSX version.

2) Languages?

Working on multi lingual support for English, French, Spanish, German and Swedish [i](of courseā€¦)

[/i]
3) Editing of Audio Samples?

No. And no intention to at this point in time. Iā€™ve got better things to do then code up an audio editor from scratch; and Iā€™m sure everyone already has a DAW/Audio editor anywayā€¦

4) Delivery Address for Cat Food?

Check your private messages.

1 Like

Hi Rusty

Iā€™m up for being a beta tester

Cheers

I can get my geek on.My spare time is a bit scarce these days but would like to help and will do what I can.
Hope I dont have to ship that case of tuna overseas :wink:

You do; and it was two cases of tuna.

Cough

Feature Requests?

Questions?

Writing documentation at the momentā€¦

Yes and no would be the honest answerā€¦ I have a Alpha (Windows) version; .NET and Excel builds; and it does what it says on the tin.

Problem at the moment is I am very tied up with a couple of other projects, that well, are actually a lot more commercially viable, and though I am ok on noodles, my cats like cat food.[/quote]
I replied over at gearslutz but Iā€™ll reply here too. I can send projects files. Canā€™t beta test as I am on OSX but I can also help with a Japanese version if you need translation stuff. A sample manager would be a great thing to ahve so I would love to see this succeed.

That depends on what you have in there already? As Iā€™m sure you are aware, my main interest is in a tool to facilitate exchanging banks and related samples between projects. Is this part of the focus atm?

That depends on what you have in there already? As Iā€™m sure you are aware, my main interest is in a tool to facilitate exchanging banks and related samples between projects. Is this part of the focus atm?[/quote]

Yes, it is part of the focus.

Iā€™m working on some documentation at the moment, so I think Iā€™ll try and get a current ā€œfeature listā€ up over the next few daysā€¦

I think I may have come up with a new nifty idea; that may involve some rengineering; but add significant valueā€¦ need to think about it for a bitā€¦ might look at dual managing setsā€¦

+1 fore OSX.
IĀ“d also pay for it, as long as I can - finally - exchange banks/patterns/parts/scenes between projects.
ItĀ“d be ok and enough, if a pattern or bank could be copied with everything included (samples, parts, scenes), but it would be the absolute shit, if you could copy or move everything separately so, and choose, how youĀ“d want it (copy the patterns with or without scenes/parts, or only scenes etc. ā€¦).
But as said, a simple copy/move of banks/patterns with everything included would be enough already. Really weird, that elektron doesnĀ“t do it.

Andajazz

Iā€™d assist with german language.