Just hit my first 1.30b bug. I won’t have time to try to replicate it and submit a ticket until next week.
I brought the OT and Tanzmus along for the holiday so I could practice with the Tanzmaus and get my default project reorganized so it would be fully integrated into the live setup by my next practice on Tuesday. So the only thing hooked up to the OT right now is the Tanzmaus. Right not I’ve got about half a dozen patterns and scenes and two parts that load up by default as a starting point for the live duo I’ve been working on. I don’t use parts much these days, I’ve basically got part 1 geared toward more rhythmic stuff using a couple external synths with thru and neighbor machines processing them, and part 4 is mostly flex machines and is mainly for more ambient stuff, with just three thru machines for the external synths and Tanzmaus I’ll be using live. I spent about 45 minutes jsut now jamming with the Tanzmaus and internal sounds, with som patterns using part 1 and some using part 4 and everything worked fine, but a couple minutes ago I manually switched parts with the sequencer running and this happened:
The buttons all worked still and the display was fine and the sequencer kept running, but all audio and midi output stopped (I was only sending clock and transport to the tanzmaus, but I suspect MIDI notes weren’t being output either, I jsut don’t have the synths that would have been receiving them with me), and the LEDs for inputs C and D (what the Tanzmaus was connected to) got stuck on yellow and stayed yellow even if I physically unplugged the patch cables from them. The only way to get it back to normal was to restart the OT, and after that it worked fine but I didn’t mess with it much and came here to post this instead, while the details were still fresh in my mind.
If avoiding it happening is just a matter of not manually switching parts manually while the sequencer is running that’s OK for the short run for me since that’s not important to my workflow right now anyhow, but if it happened live it would be a big problem, especially since the OT is the master clock for the other guy’s entire Eurorack system too. And also obviously it’s not a bug I’d want to have to worry about avoiding permanently, so hopefully it will get fixed in an update soon along with the rest of them!
I should be able t really sit down and figure out how to replicate it next Wednesday, and I’ll post more details once I’ve done that and submitted a formal bug report to Elektron.