Octatrack OS Bug Reports

Excuse me if a topic like this exists but couldn’t find one with the search option.
A bug that i found on the latest OT OS 1.25G gave me the idea of opening a topic like this to inform people about potential bugs.So let’s get down to busyness…Also it would be very helpful if all OT OS’s could be uploaded to this forum’s Files section so anybody can revert back to a previous OS.(Had to digg to my desktop PC to find OS 1.25E).

Known issues:
[ul]
[li]Change Parts doesn’t send/receive midi CC. (?)[/li]
[li]Function+Mute doesn’t send multiple CC’s for multiple tracks. (?)[/li]
[/ul]

Latest OS Release:Octatrack DPS-1 OS 1.25H

Octatrack DPS-1 OS 1.25H

[ul]
[li]Sample Nudge is broken[/li]
[/ul]

Octatrack DPS-1 OS 1.25G
[ul]
[li]Octatrack loses trim settings after Power Off/On.Reverting back to OS 1.25E fixed the problem.(Fixed)[/li]
[/ul]

Have you reported this bug to Elektron support?

Yep…They’re on it but i managed to confirm it myself.In more detail this happened to a static sample.

1 Like

Elektron state that this is fixed in 1.25H (released today).

Elektron state that this is fixed in 1.25H (released today).[/quote]
Woohoooooo! Let’s see what this one breaks :wink: kidding, hopefully they’ve nailed it on this one.

One thing is for sure: the Old Elektron would have released an OS, and it would’ve been solid until the next release which would be mostly full of new features and a few bug fixes.

Welcome to the new days of: a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h…OS bug fix releases :neutral_face:

Nah it wouldn’t bother me cause i’m a long time beta tester with my Tempest :stuck_out_tongue:

Change Parts doesn’t send/receive midi CC.

Function+Mute doesn’t send multiple CC’s for multiple tracks.

Elektron state that this is fixed in 1.25H (released today).[/quote]
Confirmed fixed!

1 Like

Thanks Rusty…Which OS version are you running?

Thanks Rusty…Which OS version are you running?[/quote]
OSv1.25E

OSv1.25E[/quote]
Is it possible for you to load up OS 1.25H and confirm these bugs?

OSv1.25E[/quote]
Is it possible for you to load up OS 1.25H and confirm these bugs?[/quote]

Zero chance of me upgrading right now, I have to support my existing customers, who are 90% on 1.25E, and I’m not going to upgrade to 1.25H just for the sake of testing the OS.

Both of those bugs have been logged a long time ago…

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B

OSv1.25E[/quote]

Zero chance of me upgrading right now, I have to support my existing customers, who are 90% on 1.25E, and I’m not going to upgrade to 1.25H just for the sake of testing the OS.

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B[/quote]
    Then if these are confirmed bugs i can stick them to the 1st post till they fixed…Thanks anyway man :wink: Ah and keep up the good work with Octaedit!

OSv1.25E[/quote]

• Parts, v0.98 (?)
  • Mute, 1.25B[/quote]
    Then if these are confirmed bugs i can stick them to the 1st post till they fixed…Thanks anyway man :wink: Ah and keep up the good work with Octaedit![/quote]
    a) Parts… well… not a documented feature, but I personally think you should be able to do so.

b) Mutes… Be good for someone else to test… Bug? Multiple track mute/unmute. Test please

1 Like

Busy coding away as we talk… some more nifty little functionality…

Sticked them as known issues with a question mark…Thanks!

Sample nudge is broken in OS 1.25H confirmed

Here is the previous forum effort to consolidate all Octatrack bugs:
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/ot-known-bugs-workarounds-document/8475/68782

OT is a great idea and was ahead of its time on release, but has since been left half-baked and ridden with problems with either bugs or awkward/tedious work flows/simple things missing. And now every bug fix introduces new bugs. With no new os features to sweeten the taste. I’m amazed no other company has bought out something that competes by now. So as it stands I’d never get rid of mine. But jeez, after having it a few months I’m way less in awe of elektron than I was beforehand… Been hoping for a huge update with new features and refinements but at this rate I’d be happy for it just to all ‘work’.