Octatrack OS Bug Reports

I started the procedure, had to fill more informations, saw they were on holidays, gave up, trying to enjoy my own holidays! :slight_smile:
Later.

I made a project using that guitar realtime recording / mangling and one of my friends was astonished (guitar and Octatrack user). I’m less frustrated but…

1 Like

Interesting, and yes someone from Elektron did see something like that recently. I still imagined that at least half the stuff me and others put on the ‘small tweaks’ thread would be doable but maybe that’s naive?

If only the quantize on/off switch could come out of the menu-dive just a little without breaking things!

Does look like the list of bugs isn’t getting much shorter, ever

Wonder whether Elektron (and a lot of users) would benefit from releasing an alternative, simpler OS. There’s all the info on here to work out where the OT and people’s expectations clash.

Plocks and scenes are the big draw - along with sampling while sequencer is running. Most everything else could be simplified. Maybe you could switch OS on startup…,

Probably no commercial payoff in that at this point though

1 Like

Or wasn’t I?
Maybe I was working with DIR=127 in mixer since the beggining? So was hearing „playback” on the first pass?
Eee, some users say (please upload video) they have got proper behaviour, as should be, so I should have had also before.
But it’s no longer working here for me, even on previous OS, how? Which OS to try?
I am not sure I was working with immediate playback before.

I‘m on 1.30B, OT Mk1. It works and has worked with previous OS‘s.
I mean, I don‘t remember any issues, ofc it hasn‘t been in my focus.

I can upload a video when I find the time.
Though there‘s not much to see, it just works :wink:

That’s why it’s so confused. I want the feature back. I will try to find 1.30B for tests.

Definately weird stuff.
Apparently it works fine for a few other people on 1.30D.

Doesn´t seem OS related…?!

@sezare56 mentioned it worked after save and reload. :thinking:

Can you expand on that Sezare56?
Did it work after saving and reload project but then didn’t work again if you clear the buffer after that?

My OT is packed up and stowed away again, bout to go home to Michigan for a bit… I haven’t got to test this recently but on 1.25H I know it works in particular with a one-shot recorder that I use all the time for capturing AR loops, it’s part of my main project I’ve used for a long time. Although not part of my main project I’m sure I’ve messed around with a solid record trig and play trig on the same step many of times and it works…

2 Likes

That would be great to finally find out.
I am still searching…

Just tested with 1.30C – same results: works after project change or reload. Doesn’t work after buffer cleared.

1 Like

Yes, I can confirm on 1.30C.

Yes.

Why would it be great if it wasn‘t OS related?
I mean if it was a bug in a certain OS version, we could just not use that particular version or avoid certain combinations or smt like that.
If it is something else though, it could mean that the behaviour could possibly turn up because of some stuff going on under the hood.

Imagine one day, you‘re happily turning knobs, pushing buttons and fading the crossfader a‘cross, you kiss each of the eight track buttons goodbye, slice and mangle a lullaby or smt and when you return the next morning, beloved OT got first pass error!
That sounds terrible.

Seriously, I‘m a little afraid my OT might catch the bug.

2 Likes

I wonder if it could possibly have something to do with upgrading and then it lingers after downgrading? I know that seems weird but would make sense why I haven’t seen it. I won’t really have OT time for at least a week as I’m going back to see the family. When I get back at it I’ll test more thoroughly to see if it appears on my OT that never went past 1.25H. I’ve been using the same master project for a long time, I’ll test on a new project and clearing the buffers and what not when I can get back to it.

3 Likes

I’m having a new bug similar to one I’ve confirmed with Elektron already. Previously I noticed the arranger as occasionally ignoring “1st” and “1 of #” trigs.
Now I’m having the same issue when just switching between patterns. It seemed to be happening to one track only which led me to discover that it’s a master scale vs track scale issue. I’m away from my rig but I think the solution was to ensure the track scale was effectively in line with master which of course negates the purpose of independent scale. I’ll try and test more tonight.
I really hope the next OT bug fix-update is a real banger! So close to perfection

1 Like

That sounds like a familiar one to me. My memory is a bit hazy but I think if you override - specifically extend - a pattern’s actual length in the arranger, the ‘1st’ and the pattern-based triggers get confused.

1 Like

Yep, exactly. Unfortunately its happening to me without using the arranger at all now.
I initially made the “1 of #” trigs into “2 of #” trigs and that worked but for some reason it bothered me. After reworking the track scales I got it working. I’ll try and make a video and submit a ticket tonight after I verify.

1 Like

I’m running into a new one… I’m using two thru machines. The one on track 6 behaves fine, but the one on track 5 sometimes drops in volume, and the volume stays low until I touch the thru machine vol in the SRC page. The value never changes visually, but there’s a big volume jump. Anyone run into this? MK2.

What do you mean by that?
Seems weird, but instinctively I don’t think it’s a bug.
Classic new project test with the minimum settings to check.

I mean the value on the screen hasn’t changed at any point, but the volume sounds much quieter, at a random time. Nothing to do with the fader as it jumps back up as soon as I touch the vol parameter.

I do get the feeling it’s one of those things that would go away with a new project, but it’s annoying to have bugs pop up on something you’ve been working on.

I had another one as well - removed some filter automation plocks but the filter remained closed despite any setting changed. No scene assignments. Had to delete the filter FX and re-add to fix.

If it doesn’t happen with a new project at first, please detail precisely what parameters you changed in order to try to reproduce your bugs, and confirm it. :think: