Octatrack OS Bug Reports

@sezare56 Unfortunately I am unable to test the bug at present due to OT being inaccessible at present, but I’ll test on mine as soon as I get a chance.

2 Likes

I was just mentioning that there is a bugfix planned, who knows what it will do. It gives me at least some hope that there could even be another one after that. I’m still on 1.25H and don’t experience this issue, if any users are experiencing it I highly suggest filling official bug reports…

1 Like

I downgraded to 1.25H. I still have this issue (also on 1.30B, 1.31, MKI).
@Clancy has it with MKI 1.30C, @Schnork doesn’t with MKI 1.30B.

I changed Personalize options to default (unchecked), did an Empty Reset.

I don’t get it. :slightly_frowning_face:

Agree :+1:

1 Like

So it didn’t work on 1.25H with a new project, but it worked after a project change. It worked with save and reload too.
It doesn’t work with a cleared buffer.
Same with 1.31.

Anything logical here? :sketchy:

1 Like

I’ve had a quick test and it doesn’t seem to play on first recording. Will have a further look at it later when I get the chance.

2 Likes

Thanks. MKI/MKII ? OS?

MK1. I’m not sure of the OS. Will check when I return home in a little bit.

I’m on OS 1.30b.

I’ve found that if I clear the slot of the recorder buffer and try again it immediately begins recording and playback. I tried this recording my A4.

1 Like

That’s another different behavior. Weird.

Sorry, to clarify. I do have to press play to start the sequence again, and it records and plays what I’m recording immediately. Which I believe is the correct behaviour.

No reports of MkII misbehaving yet, am I correct? There were hardware changes on the MkII vs MkI especially in the domain of recording triggering (the extra buttons). It might be that the FW corrections introduced a bug specifically on MKI machines, or maybe even for specific mainboard revisions.

I can confirm the behaviour on MKII 1.31:
No Flex playback on the first pass when REC TRIG (source:AB) and PLAY TRIG (~recording) are on the same grid step and the recording buffer is empty/cleared.

I am sure I was working with immediate playback before.

Thanks. First MKII report. So weird. Due to climate change ?

I will certainly postpone any upgrade (I’m on 1.30D) until this has been fixed…it’s one of my favorite features of the OT!

Really weird…I‘m glad it works on mine, though I won‘t do any updates for sure until this is sorted out^^

I downgraded to OS1.30C. MKII.
Still no playback on first pass. Confused.

I downgraded to 1.25H without success.

Same here. I use micro tuning on the play trig one step backwards to ‘fix’ the problem.

No problems here on MkII still on 1.30D.

While thinking about it: bugs like this can happen by involuntarily introducing some additional processing cycles in very time sensitive areas. Back in my firmware development times I fought a lot with such issues. Sometimes just some code rearrangements or some more aggressive memory optimizations (to get more space for additional code) are enough to be a tick too slow …

Hasn’t someone from Elektron stated that the OT is quite full (firmware-wise) and to squish in new features is therefore complicated? If that’s the case any new innocent looking feature like the screensaver can cause such problems in completely unrelated areas.

I’ll hope they find the problem and fix the problem. Btw, have you contacted support, @sezare56?

2 Likes