Octatrack OS Bug Reports

Will try to reproduce when I have a little more time! First time ever playing live with the OT tonight!

3 Likes

Made a video to show how it works on my OT. OS is 1.30B.
Sorry that it took so long, made the video already back in august, but I didnĀ“t have a YT account and then kinda forgot about it.

3 Likes

Donā€™t be, thank you, especially because you used a different manner to clear recording slot : it works with CLEAR SLOT in FILE menu! :thup:
But not with FN + CLEAR in REC SETUP menus, nor slot list. Wtf? :smile:

Could you try other ways?

3 Likes

Iā€˜ve tested with Func + Clear in the slot list highlighting recorder buffer 1 and also with Func + Clear with recording setup open.

Works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Running 1.31 and am not having any issues with sampling and playback at the same time.

Iā€™m not sure if those above are slaving the OT to another Midi Clock but doing so causes problems when sampling and playback at the same time.

Anyway - I came here to find out where / when the screensaver is. Is there a setting or does it just kick in after X number of mins?

1 Like

Yes, but do not expect any heavy dimming. It is barely visible. Just wait 5 min.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Interestingly, my new OT MKII froze 3 times yesterdayā€¦ it was plugged into my computer via USB. After reading reports about this I disconnected the USB cable. It hasnā€™t frozen so far since. Running latest OS.

1 Like

ā€œCurrently running OS 1.31 - Apr. 24, 2019ā€

Hello, having an issue on my Octatrack. While in the playback menu the RTRG goes to the greatest value, without touching the knob. Iā€™m not getting this glitch in any of the other menus. Please watch the short video I made showing this issue.
upon further inspection, some of the tracks while in the amp menu are increasing to the max value on the BAL the same way as in the Playback menu :frowning:
https://youtu.be/hid1N1F1-p8

Do you receive Midi Control Changes ? (RETRIG = CC20, BAL=CC26)
Try without Midi In.

1 Like

Unplugged midi keyboard. Seems to have solved the issue. Is the issue the midi keyboard?

Highly probable if itā€™s the only gear connected.
Iā€™d check its manual if you donā€™t know why.

1 Like

Could be a faulty knob or fader sending out cc values.
Sometimes happens, theyā€™ll always send out the same value even though no one touched it (i.e. CC 20, value 120) or might even start to repeatingly send a bunch of values.

If the keyboard is the only thing connected to your OT, can you check which knob or fader sends those cc messages?

Is there anything connected to the midi in of the keyboard (midi thru active?)?

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to go through the keyboard and hopefully find the issue, itā€™s a pretty old keyboard TBH. I only use the midi out on the keyboard, no other inputs.

Which one ? Curious about it. :slight_smile:
Maybe possible to disable CC send.

Axiom 49 like first gen.

Not that old! If you canā€™t disable CCs of faulty knobs /faders, you can assign them to CCs unused by OT.

1 Like

Always best to just use a midi monitor when in doubt if a device (and which one) sends any (unwanted) midi messages.
IIRC, there is freeware midi monitor software for all OS available. :slight_smile:
If you can verify you got a faulty knob/fader/button that sends cc messages on its own without touching, try turning/pushing/pulling it for a while. Iā€™ve had stuff like that happening on my older controllers, could always be solved with a bit of wiggling.

1 Like

Octatrack mk2 - OS 1.31ā€¦

ok, dont know this is a bug , perhaps user error ā€¦ given by newbie statusā€¦ but here goes :slight_smile:

so I was playing yesterday for a while, for a pretty long period of time, and was having no issues at all.

then I realised on audio T2 (Neighbour) the trigs were not firing - none of the automation was working. :confused:
(it was unclear then this might have started happening unfortunately)

it was not muted, nor cued and every other track was absolute fine , and i could see that no trigs were firing (no play icon against the track)

so i tried (all to no avail)

• disconnecting midi cables, to ensure no quirky midi coming in.
  • arming track trigs (they appear armed anyway)
  • replacing trigs, and automation
  • checked ā€˜settingsā€™ , pattern/global - but could not find anything that explained it, or would be relevant.
  • changed T2 to a static, loaded a sample - still not triggering (so this is what I used from here for test)
  • copy a ā€˜working trackā€™ over to T2
  • tried T2 on a different bank/pattern/part
  • tried T2 on a different existing set/project
  • created a brand new project

all the time just T2, all other tracks were working fineā€¦

I was stumped, but wanted to get to the bottom of the issue, to make myself familiar with how to get into the situation.
but after a new project still had the issues. I started to think it might be just a bug/quirkā€¦ as my understand was a new project, would only inherit global propertiesā€¦ none of which explain the behaviour.

so I finally switched off/on - and it immediately started working fine!
(on every project that id been messing about with testing, were all not working correctly)

so is this just a bug? have others encountered it?

OR

is it possible that i sent it some midi, that some how disarms all trigs on a particular track, and persists even when you switch projects?

Possibly, if it didnā€™t work with a new project.
I donā€™t remember that kind of issue.
No FILL conditions, Plays Free, Arranger Mutesā€¦?
Can you reproduce the issue?
I want to understand everything too, but if you are new to OT, sometimes itā€™s better to forget strange issues, and strangely you have less and less issues while progressing. :wink:

2 Likes

nope canā€™t reproduce ā€¦ unfortunately it was a bit unclear when it started.

fill conditions would be cleared with a new trig,
play feelā€¦ nope checked pattern settings.
arranger mute - not intentionally, so would have had to have come via midi but are these active whilst not in arranger mode?
ā€¦ and all the above, Id assume would be cleared by creating a fresh project.

my only thought so far, is that some odd midi event caused itā€¦

interestingly earlier in the ā€˜sessionā€™ , I had some hassle with ā€˜turbo midiā€™, between my pyramid and the octatrack - it seems to fail the negociationā€¦ so no midi was getting thru, so I turned on/off turbo midi on both pyramid and octatrack a few times - and it ā€˜sorted itself outā€™.
(I then decided to just turn it off to avoid future issues :wink: )

perhaps during that ā€˜exchangeā€™ some how the octatrack got itself into an odd state with track 2, possibly via corrupt midi messages - ā€¦ itā€™s really the only odd thing that happen whilst i was playing with it during that session - everything else worked as expected.

anyway, yeah, Iā€™m not stressing about itā€¦
i only mentioned it, in case someone else ever spots it too,
or in case there was some odd setting that carries over between projects i was unaware of.

i doubt iā€™ll see it againā€¦ and if i do, hopefully iā€™ll spot it quicker and so have more ideas on what happened leading up to it.

1 Like