OT Known Bugs & Workarounds Document

Does anyone want to agree disagree that PUM command ‘Toggle Seq Sync + Start : Note 71’ isn’t working consistent with the description (or is buggy)

There is no toggling (as you get with ‘Toggle Seq Sync : Note 70’ ) … it’ll change once

Perhaps the command should be listed as ‘Set PM Seq Sync + Start : Note 71’

I stay sync to seq anyway so I don’t use it, I even prefer to use Flex.

Wishes : plock ability for CUE level (works with midi), part midi control.
Conditional trigs of course.

1 Like

I’d love to get some working “direct” plays free midi tracks… :flushed:

1 Like

FWIW, OT1 with 1.30C
Not even using some of the deeper features yet, first I noticed even though the work is “saved” after power off, some trigs missing from patterns and no sound from individual samples. Okay, save every time. Lesson learned.
Then, with either normal or studio mode, one project saved, half tracks going through cue and other mains. Headphone mix normal. OK, guess I’ll just work all the tracks thru the headphones.

Then, later
Have MIDI sending only clock out to thru and down the chain. Everything good.
Change project- no MIDI coming out whatever. Checked cables, twice, switched to another thru box. Switched cables. Same.
Doesn’t respond to clock going in either, changed settings a few times back and forth, reboot. No MIDI.
Turned off and will try again in the morning.
Could some of this stuff just be a simple problem like overheating? I have read through some of these bug threads, it would be a real shame if heads were banging on software fixes for a hardware problem… kinda reminds me of the early Dell laptop issue, where basically it all came down to an inadequate heat sink.

I was having a similar issue with my track routing changing during power cycles (even projects I had saved and loaded with no issue a bunch of times in the past) after the OT got cold in a long car ride during a really severe cold snap back in January. I ended up backing up the contents of my card and doing a low-level format from a computer (using either this or this,one of them consistently froze part way through and I forget which it was now) and it seems to have cleared it up, although I haven’t had time to do much music in the last two months so I haven’t exactly stress tested it, but I did use it a lot throughout January and played out with it with no issues.

It was really similar to what you’re describing in the first paragraph, output routing of some tracks would be different when I reloaded a project, and some of the flex machines assigned to play from record buffers would be assigned to different buffers.

I don’t know if getting cold caused it or if it’s just a coincidence that it was working fine the day before and then had the issue the day after, but it seems to have been a problem with the card format as far as I can tell.

Id just as well back up the orig. Kingston card and toss it altogether, having a couple spare, a SanDisk and Belkin, the latter being fairly expensive… if it’s a card issue.

FWIW I’m on 1.25H on a mrk1, I never have to save project and everything is always there when I reboot. I use save project as a restore point as my project is pretty built and customized and I’m usually messing it up in good ways rather than adding to it, but sometimes I’ll go a dozen power cycles or so and everything is always there. :thinking:

Never have had problems with clock or routing either… :thinking: but I am on mk1 previous OS…

Update: I have the OT sending clock to Beatstep Pro and Microsampler (among other things) via thru box…when I first hooked them up, the patterns on both external would start auto- which is normal.
Let the OT sit overnight, did an empty reset, and found it IS sending clock, tempo changes, but no auto start. Only have clock sending out. Everything works, there was a little problem with the CUE function before too, that sorted out.
I am assuming an EMPTY RESET will become a go-to, as I imagine things get built up in the RAM fairly easily since I have been building/adding samples through power on/off.

Just weird, although I believe MIDI cooperation between various devices, esp the BSP is not very dependable- might be between old/new gear or brand or whatever. Not a biggie, just have to manually sync on time, may actually prefer it that way.
I can deal with studio session workarounds, just need it to perform live.
How useful is PURGING SAMPLES, I am assuming the unused stuff once the project is “done”? It seems I am going to have to be mindful of the memory usage/buffer in the midst of adding/deleting trigs and samples. I have thus far been using all my trax as FLEX, too, the recording buffers are empty.

Have you had midi going into the OT? That can mess things up if your not completely on top of it…
Most often strange things with OT in the first few months are something you did with the project and its sneaky to find or realize what you did, not always though…

I’ve had zero midi issues and three years in my OT doesn’t really give me any trouble, it works exactly the same everytime… I fully absolutely trust it for live, it’s never glitched, froze, or done anything weird that wasn’t my fault… When learning it though I would mess it up and think it’s buggy, but every time I figured out what I did…
There’s a few minor bugs but once you find them they’re easily avoidable… And those have to do with track recorders/pickups//parts/scenes, nothing you’ve mentioned…

Again mk1 1.25 H though, but still, just trying to give you some hope… :slight_smile:

I never have to do an empty reset either, although I do do it after an OS upgrade just for good measure, also always save projects under the new OS and reload…

And midi has been exactly the same for many, many years… There shouldn’t be any kind of new/old gear midi conflicts… Do have transport send enabled?

The “Tracks start sampling without recorder trigs” thread was becoming a bug thread so I stirred this one up…

In the release notes from 1.30 to 1.30B they include:

Changes:
-Unsaved RAM recorder slices are not discarded at startup.
Bug fixes:
-Reconfiguring the flex memory would make it impossible to trigger flex samples, unless a manual reload of the samples was invoked.

I’m on older OS but from reading the forum it seems neither of these were actually fixed? Anyone confirm?

Btw, what’s its purpose? Never tried it.

Based on my reply I guess I’m not 100% on expected behaviour … will investigate at some point

Hi folks, I’m about to take the plunge getting a used OT MKI.

Would like to know if any of the bugs described here have been ironed out with the last updates? Interested about the late-CC-bug in particular and the hassles that step input via external MIDI keyboard produced.

Thanks for any info!

Check the elektron website the OT is on OS1.4a now. Bug fixes will be listed on the support page.

1 Like

= “I don’t know. RTFM.” :wink:

Hello!
I hope this is the right thread…
I have an awkward behaviour on my OT MKII (most up to date FW).

Pattern 1 is 18/32 steps, step 17 has a bass note.
Pattern 2 is 16/16 steps.
When I go from P1 to P2, OT will play in P2 the bass note that is on step 17 of P1.
Funny is that it is played on step 3 of P2.
Stop stop play and the problem is gone.
Everything default state (scale per track, not per pattern, etc).

Anyone experienced the same?
Thanks!
Lorenzo

Possibly a looped sample continuously playing ?

Thanks for the heads up!

If I turn loop off, the extra note does not play, so now I know how to avoid this.

If you have the time, can you explain what I do wrong?
Because I would not consider that the sample is looping, the sample itself is a bass note of maybe 2 seconds. If looping, I would expect it to loop in a cycle. Changing RTIM does not change the placement in the destination pattern.

By the way. Let me be more precise on what is going on. This is what happens
When I switch pattern, every four cycles, at the fourth iteration on beat 15 the same note is played. So it is at beat 63.
On the same track of the destination pattern (the one on 16/16) there is no trig, however if I change the pitch on this destination pattern, the extra note I hear changes in pitch. Like if there is a trigger. But there is no trigger.
if I switch to another pattern, the same happens.
I have done some tests and this happens only when the first pattern is an odd meter (ie length is not multiple of 16).

Still confused…
Thanks
Lorenzo

1 Like

You have amp hold and release set to INF.

2 Likes

Wow. That’s it.
Thanks!!!
Lorenzo

1 Like