Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

fills with parts? Arent conditrigs a part of pattern data, not part data?

2 Likes

Yes you are right tsutek but I was trying to say that using parts along with trig conditions is a whole new layer to explore as well.

4 Likes

maybe we can cross our fingers and wish for some additional pickup love!

i would like a pickup love revisitation, please

2 Likes

Stranger Things reference!

1 Like

Is there any ad on manual (OS 1.30B) for MKl users?

The manual has been updated for 1.30, the version in the support section is dated Nov 1st

4 Likes

But thatĀ“s the full new manual for MKll with new button moves and all.
I was thinking of an ad on for the MKl users. Or are the changes that small that thereĀ“s not needed to have a separate manual?

@Hans_Olo is right. It is in the OT MK1 downloads section. MK1 1.30B

Quick link

In fact the MKII manual is from Oct.

3 Likes

ThatĀ“s sexy.
Thanks to both of you.

1 Like

This new manual have 144 pages vs 189 for the former one.
Cool, Ot became simplier ? :content:

1 Like

The new manual adds @eangman to the documentation credits.
Concise yet descriptive and understandable is how Iā€™d best describe his work on the Digitakt manual.
(I previously worked as a technical editor for audio software manuals in the early '00s so these qualities appeal to me very much!)

5 Likes

Such a pleasure to read this on new MkI manual :

2 Likes

is it just me, or since the update I canā€™t do the live sampling trick anymore?

ex.
thru machine in part 1,
rec trig that resample thru machine recorder
switch to part 2 that has a pre-sliced flex machine ready for mangling the shĀ°# out of it

But when I switch parts, the track is broken and the slices messed up

Any clue?
thx

Another difference between Start and Slice mode :
(QPL) Attributes Quantized Trig doesnā€™t work with Slice mode with 1 step setting for ex. If you play a sample trig 9-16 (grid rec off), it wonā€™t be quantized.
Further tests needeed. @Open_Mike?

Further tests neededā€¦
Itā€™s been years now since I used slices, start points are my way of ā€œslicingā€ with the OTā€¦

You all are on your own testing this new os, Iā€™m too busy and donā€™t even know when Iā€™ll get to upgrade.
I might have to move even, hoping notā€¦:hushed:
Iā€™m good for general stuff and wisecracks right now but not getting geeky testing OT specifics for a bitā€¦ :neutral_face:

1 Like

I wanted to know if you noticed that behavior, not asking you to test it. :wink:
I added your name after. Confusing.

1 Like

Oh I know, no worriesā€¦ :grinning:

I was just agreeing that further tests are needed, because I donā€™t remember.

And then I felt like advertising/venting that I canā€™t do any for awhileā€¦ :monkey:

1 Like

I can try tomorrow. Someone will try before maybe. Remind it to me if I forget.

1 Like

Iā€™m in a funny spot right now where I might have to move by the end of the month but maybe not. :fearful:
And Iā€™m quite busy tooā€¦ :open_mouth:

Pray for me my fellow nauts that my studio may remain setup, or be swiftly moved to another location and avoid storage, so I can fulfill my destiny and install os 1.30B on my Octatrackā€¦ and get back to groovingā€¦ :monkey::loud_sound::notes::sparkles:

10 Likes

look up the renters rights in the state you live in. you have way longer than 30 days in most cases to move. they canā€™t just kick you out

2 Likes