Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

so on mk1 samples in the recording buffer are stile gone after reboot on mine… ? anybodyy got that working? would be too good…
but trig conditions are awesome :smiley: gamechanger!!

Just updated. Now i want another OT for just drums… damnit…

5 Likes

For both Mk I and Mk II, a reboot will clear the recording buffer. That has not changed.

However, for both Mk I and Mk II, a reboot will not delete slices in the buffer. That was a feature that had stopped working in the previous OS, and has not returned to both Mk I and Mk II in OS 1.30B.

Hope that helps make it more clear.

3 Likes

updated.

Parts works as expected!
Realtime rec light is on!
XDIR MIN works!
VU stick gone!

Happy camper.
Big OS update less than 3 weeks after I received my first batch MKII

10 Likes

How does this work if your record buffer changes in length? Are the slices based on absolute timings, or are they relative to length?
From further posts in the thread, it seems they’re absolute…?

2 Likes

Off the top of my head I recall using a 64 auto slice and I think it would create even slices no matter the recording length.

I think the trouble starts when you record, change the bpm, and re-recorded. The slices would then be the original length instead of adjusted relative to the new tempo, although before re-recording timestretch would have them sounding OK. I think?.

Its been almost two years since I’ve used slices on recorder buffers since they weren’t saving in os H, I’ll have to check them out again. Been using start points for buffers, slices for samples…

1 Like

Anyone knows what does it mean ? After upgrade locked octatrack with words “ui Not tested!”

XLV issue has been fixed finally, hurray :slight_smile:

However the led brightness thing on MKII is untouched in this update (no real diff between active page led as well as the other scene’s green when changing the scene).

Sorry, I was a bit diffuse the day I wrote that. Reflecting back on it now, I shouldn’t have revealed that information so soon as the echoes of a promised, but never released, feature can leave its trails for years. … Or in this case, none at all, ideally.

:diddly:

13 Likes

yep, indeed - the B in 1.30B here may be for banter folks :wink:

I’ve been in two large anechoic rooms over the years, very disconcerting what you can hear and also what you can’t

:okej: Is there an emoji with a bigger smile ?
Thank you :3lektron: so much for your work.

4 Likes

see what he did there?.. diffuse… echoes…:grinning:

EDIT: reflecting… trails…
enough pun spotting, back to work

When I start reading I thought your OT’s display got freeze at startup after the upgrade, just to LOL with the rest of the sentence, good one! :smiley:

This happened to me with previous OSs

Thanks you very much Elektron, for conditional trigs on my old good OT. Once you test’m you can’t live with out.
Mega Kiss to those Who program that.
LovOT, second honeymoon.

2 Likes

good to know thanks

Gah - and the same day, one of my studio monitors decided to keel over and stop working. :frowning:

mono FTW

2 Likes

I dare say the new trig conditions are like a second up and down crossfader - just playing with fills alone makes this a whole new instrument. Haven’t even touched fills with parts yet. I love you Elektron.

3 Likes

First time I had to install a update on my new OT (mk2). Still cant believe how easy and fast everything was done. Just copied the bin on the cf card, project->update os -> ok, reboot and its done. Thanks :3lektron: for such a easy way to do this!

For the other noobs like me: There is a PDF with instructions how to update in the rar file of the update.

4 Likes