Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

Random Question: when using a midi controller with the OT, is there any way to make it latch, so you can keep playing the last selected midi track while tweaking audio tracks on the OT? I’m just rewiring my midi path and coming up against this annoyance again, any workarounds appreciated.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll be able to latch notes, no CC64 sustain message receiving.

Any keyboard with sustain pedal…
Pads Latch on my Taktile 49.

You want to latch chords, chords with arp or plays free midi track?

No, it’s not that. I want to be able to keep playing the last midi track using my midi controller while the OT is back on the audio page. At the moment, when you switch to the audio page the midi connection between the keyboard and the synth module is broken.

Thanks, they told me that 30 days ago though… :confused:
Its a long story I’d rather not get into, I just felt if the some nauts thought about how Open Mike needs to be Octatracking, it could only help. I also have 3 cats and as of now no next place lined up.
Haha, and then they dangle OT trig conditions in my face… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

change the midi channel your controlling with your controller to the actual channel of the midi track instead of the auto channel? That’s about the only idea that occurs to me

4 Likes

Hi Elektron devs. Thank you so much for the trig conditions!! :heart_eyes:

Will give this a shot, thanks.

1 Like

I see what you mean now, I misunderstood, it’s annoying indeed. Midi merger, midi patch as workarounds…

Just activate Latch to stay in your place. :loopy:
Finger crossed.:crying_cat_face::cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Yes, I need to latch my studio and remove the probability condition on my rental cabin… :wink:
Is there a tutorial?:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Works like a charm for me. :wink:

d’oh

aaa great, now you can work on the next Digitakt upgrade i guess :smiley: would be damn awesome
Cheers

so for setting the Trig conditions it only works with one trig at a time? You can’t press and hold multiple trigs like you can on the newer boxes?

1 Like

@Teknobryan, oh you edited your comment before I made this

my image editing skills are not so swift

1 Like

That’s correct. True for making any kind of plock on the OT.

1 Like

To some degree you can work around this by using copy / paste. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

1 Like

you can stay for up to a year before they are forced to evict you. dig your heels in bro. they can’t just boot you

1 Like

Haha, thanks for your support!

Yes and now you have 4 cats with @ZORDON, so no worries. :slight_smile:

1 Like